Post Date: 05/08/2019
Close Date: 05/23/2019
The Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) is currently recruiting for the position of Human Resource Analyst 3. This position will provide an exciting opportunity for the right person by allowing them to participate in transforming the way government does business. If you are looking for meaningful work and share in the agency mission, “help Oregonians be independent, healthy, and safe”, this may just be the right job for you!
What is this position all about?
As a subject matter expert in executive and management recruiting, you will work with Department Executive Staff to develop and implement strategies for recruiting executive and management positions within DHS. This will include executive and management recruitment announcements; specialized diversity outreach sourcing; other nationwide advertising strategies to identify and attract suitable candidates; and developing the selection, interview and appointment processes. This position plans, coordinates, and manages the interview and selection process for executive, management and professional hiring.
This position will develop network and resources through local and professional associations and multicultural organizations as well as social media groups to identify employment trends, best practices and diversity metrics. They will develop and maintain networking relationships through which potential leads and candidates can be sourced.
The Sr. Executive/Management Recruiter will collaborate with and assist other recruiters at DHS with providing outreach to appropriate organizations and associations, and attend and participate in diversity, career and college job fairs as appropriate.
Interested?? Here’s What You Need: Minimum Qualifications
A bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior or Development, Business or Public Administration, the Applied Behavioral Sciences, Industrial Relations; or related degree and three years of Human Resource professional-level experience related to the position. OR
Valid certification as a Professional in Human Resource awarded by the Human Resource Certification Institute and four years Human Resource professional-level experience related to the position. OR
Six years Human Resource experience related to the position. Four of the six years must have been at the professional-level.
The Most Competitive Candidate Will Have:
• Demonstrated experience as a successful executive/management recruiter.
• Experience with developing executive/management strategic recruitment plans. This includes planning, coordinating the interview and selection process, to include developing interview questions and conducting reference checks.
• Broad experience creating outreach and sourcing strategies for senior management and executive level positions, including identifying high-level talent candidate pools.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with diversity and inclusion, employment trends, best practices and sources for specialized statewide and nationwide diversity outreach.
• Strong communication skills to effectively work with high level executives in assisting them with recruiting for other executives and management positions.
Where do I go for more information?
For application materials and complete listing of duties and responsibilities visit Oregon Jobs and search for REQ-9738.
If this is of interest to you or someone you know, please do not hesitate to contact me as soon as possible.
Oregon Department of Human Services
Office of Human Resources