Post Date: 06/25/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Bond Audio Visual Project Specialist
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09439
Location: Capitol Park
Address: 9700 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Salary Level 26, Fulltime, Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $4,743 to 4,845 per month
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by July 13, 2018
Portland Community College is looking for a Bond Audio Visual (AV) Project Specialist who under the direction of the Bond Technology Project Manager, oversees the implementation of district-wide presentation technology according to IT Media standards. The incumbent participates in design and project planning meetings with the Bond team, architectural and engineering firms, contractors, consultants, IT, Facilities and other campus departments, and provides technical input. The incumbent supports Media Services AV design and standards development, reviews drawings and specifications, prepares equipment purchases, and monitors installation of systems with moderate-to-high complexity.
This is a temporary position through the duration of the bond which ends June 30, 2022.
This job was previously posted as Bond Media Services Specialist.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum qualifications for this position and apply today.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of Sick Leave per month
- 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides input and AV technical design in the planning, implementation and support of classroom presentation technology, including podiums, in new buildings and remodeled spaces. Provides project management for Digital Conversion and other Bond AV projects.
2. Utilizes and distributes the IT Media Standards for classrooms, conference rooms, and other AV equipped locations throughout the District. Assists in the development and updating of IT Media standards, policies, and procedures including ADA compliance. Monitors compliance with IT standards for cable infrastructure.
3. Reviews building plan documents at all design phases for podium connectivity including conduit locations, floor box, screens, speakers and projector locations. Participates in classroom orientation and lighting discussions, and digital signage locations.
4. Attends design, planning, and project management meetings throughout the life of the construction and remodeling projects. Attends construction related meetings with project managers, design team, contractors and others.
5. Coordinates podiums and other display technology infrastructure work with IT Telecommunications, Network, Server Administration, and Campus Managers to ensure that the project plan follows standards and provides adequate time for installation and testing. Provides AV installation schedules for review by IT.
6. Routinely visits project sites during all phases of construction to verify that new construction and remodeling comply with the IT Media standards and specifications as incorporated into project specifications.
7. Works independently under specified objectives. In conjunction with the Media Services Manager, specifies AV equipment for purchase, reviews products, and develops project budgets for new construction and remodel projects.
8. Provides leadership for Bond AV projects. Works collaboratively with AV integrators. In collaboration with Project Managers, monitors the work of consultants, contractors or sub-contractors to ensure and maintain quality of media infrastructure installations.
9. Maintains technical expertise, knowledge of best practices, and technical advances for current and new solutions, products, and vendors. Recommends modifications or changes that will improve efficiency and/or effectiveness in services, design or cost savings.
10. Assures that adequate and appropriate presentation technology equipment is installed to accommodate the changing needs of the College. Coordinates with the Bond Managing Architect and/or Project Managers to ensure that the technology infrastructure and equipment is within the design constraints of the building.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Note: Experience requirements use full-time equivalent
High school diploma or equivalent. Associate's degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Minimum qualifications may vary based on assigned area of responsibility.
Four years of applied work experience in data, or video or voice telecommunications planning, implementing and supporting both wide area and local area network environments, or server management, video streaming, or audio visual media, as related to area of assignment.
Must possess state-of-the art (current) knowledge of data, video streaming, or voice network telecommunications technology such as TCP/IP, Microsoft Windows, and be familiar with hardware and software diagnostics. The above-mentioned qualifications could be demonstrated by possessing applicable certifications.
A valid Oregon Driver's License for operation of a motor vehicle in the State of Oregon.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
-1. Demonstrated skills in implementing Audio/Video (AV) equipment and systems within a complex organizational environment, including understanding of AV requirements, principles, and installation practices with specific examples related to the job accountabilities.
2. Thorough understanding of construction documentation and processes with an emphasis on maintaining AV standards through the design and implementation phases.
3. Proficiency in collaborating with multiple stakeholder groups (i.e., IT, contractors, architects, designers, etc.) in maintaining effective communications/relationships and mitigating impacts to students, staff, and faculty.
4. Strong capacity to work well with diverse individuals whose interests and priorities may be in conflict; while keeping the focus on achieving positive outcomes.
5. Adept at working independently, leading, and managing complex projects (including schedules, budgets, procurement, and vendor relations).
Additional Posting Information:
"Audio Visual Project Specialist" is the working title for this position; the formal title in the PCC job classification system is "Technology Specialist III"
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1245952
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1245952