Post Date: 01/04/2019
Close Date: 02/11/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This is a full time position (40 hours/week) located at one of Cascadia's outpatient Health Center's Urgent Walk-In Clinic in SE Portland. The schedule is Thursday - Monday; swing shift, 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
The Counselor III provides risk assessment and crisis stabilization planning for adults and children in Multnomah County. The Counselor III is responsible for providing and coordinating a wide range of supportive and therapeutic mental health services, while supporting a trauma-informed care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Counselor III understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This is a dynamic team that uses creativity and exploration of unique thinking to develop personal recovery plans one on one with clients and help with advocacy to overcome barriers.
- Master's Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrate competencies required to be credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP), as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR).
- The CADC credential is preferred in addition to a Master's Degree given the high co-occurrence between substance use/abuse and mental health.
- Three years of clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
- Ability to conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM
- Understanding of recovery model, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery
- Thorough knowledge of evidence-based practices, and strength-based case management philosophies and strategies
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter and retrieve data
- Prepare reports
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com