Post Date: 06/14/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
Are you looking for something different—a receptionist position where you get the chance to make a difference every day?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you! At UCP, we support adults and kids who experience all kinds of disabilities—not just cerebral palsy—helping them to live the life of their dreams. We empower them to develop their self-advocacy abilities because we believe in the power of assisting them to make informed and independent choices, develop deeper connections within the community, and actualize personal goals. Our dedicated staff provide exceptional care and services making UCP Oregon rank as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits Employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a “Temporary Receptionist” who will work 30 hours/week for 8 weeks: Monday-Thursday (9am-3:30pm), and Friday (10:30am-5pm) and 20 hours/week for 4 weeks: Monday-Friday (9am-1pm). (NOTE: on occasion, you might need to work a slightly different schedule and/or provide some additional hours.)
This temporary position could last up to 12 weeks. For approximately 8 weeks, you will work 30 hours/week. Then for approximately 4 weeks, you will work 20 hours/week. *If you are unable to work 12 weeks, we are open to negotiating your end date. However, you must be able to work at least 10 weeks.
This is a great job for you if you like a fun and casual atmosphere. You’ll also need to enjoy multi-tasking, solving problems on the fly, and interacting with lots of different kinds of people, such as the folks we support, our employees, and the other people who drop by our office on a daily basis. Our office is located in NE Portland, near NE 102nd and Burnside.
• Serve as the public face of UCP Oregon, managing a busy multi-line telephone and providing walk-in reception to our employees, the people we support, and our partners.
• Assist with petty cash and other funds (handing out money, taking back receipts and change, and entering data into Excel).
• Act as a resource for UCP employees, providing assistance with the copier and answering questions about general office procedures.
• Assist with tasks such as copying, mailing, scanning, and data entry.
• Provide back-up assistance to the Office Manager.
• $13.56 per hour.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Paid sick leave.
• Fun, casual work environment at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• Be at least 18 years old.
• High school diploma or GED.
• 6 months of experience performing administrative duties and the proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (including Word and Excel).
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service (in-person and over the phone) with diverse populations.
• Type a minimum of 25-30 words per minute.
• Be able to pass a reference check and a criminal history background check.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Temporary Receptionist at Excellent Nonprofit” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html