Post Date: 04/01/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
Central City Concern’s (CCC) Blackburn Center is a new six-floor building in East Portland, Oregon (clinic and housing) that will give vulnerable people access to integrated housing, employment and health services, and provide support they need to stabilize and rebuild their lives.
CCC is hiring employees to help lift this project to national prominence. Known for innovative programming already, CCC now moves toward a first-of-its-kind operating model (including key changes such as centralized intake and integrated care teams) in a more diverse community and a landscape of new potential community partners. About 40 percent of East Portland’s population are immigrants and from communities of color. We strive to be a true reflection of the community and design our services and teams to achieve a culturally responsive place for our clients.
Our innovative, comprehensive services focuses on the whole person and their well-being. Our guiding principles drive this work to be:
integrated; in collaboration with community partners
focused on diversity, equity and inclusion; and
sustainable for long-term success.
Join us in this innovative and impactful work! CCC values lived experience and multilingual individuals in its hiring practices. Training and advancement opportunities are embedded in our culture and staff members support one another in their professional endeavors.
TITLE: Blackburn Mental Health Counselor, QMHP
DEPARTMENT: Blackburn Center
REPORTS TO: MH Clinical Manager
SALARY: $47,500-$54,625, Annually DOE
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that will offer integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the long term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
The Mental Health Counselor works as a member of a multi-disciplinary behavioral health home team who provides clinical care within a care team providing close collaboration & coordination with clients enrolled in care at the Blackburn Center. The Mental Health Counselor is responsible for the delivery of care to the population assigned to the behavioral health home, ensuring care that is accountable, comprehensive, proactive, well-coordinated and client-centered. The care team works to address all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, medication management, physical health treatment, mental health treatment, accessing benefits and entitlements, accessing appropriate and affordable housing, providing counseling, case management and integrated dual diagnosis treatment.
1. Master's degree in a human services field and one year experience in mental health. Experience with severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) preferred. Must meet State ISSR guidelines for QMHP.
2. CADC certification preferred.
3. Has the competencies necessary to:
a. Identify precipitating events;
b. Gather histories of mental, emotional and physical disabilities, alcohol and drug use, past mental health services and criminal justice contacts;
c. Assess family, social and work relationships
d. Conduct a mental status assessment
e. Document a multiaxial DSM diagnosis
f. Write and implement or supervise implementation of a treatment plan
g. Conduct and document a mental health assessment
h. Provide mental health treatment and rehabilitative services within ones scope of practice
4. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
5. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
6. Must become a certified Director’s Custody designee in Multnomah County within the first 6 months of hire.
7. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
8. If using a vehicle for agency use: Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy; pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training; and maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
10. Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects, and climb stairs with reasonable or no accommodation.
11. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
12. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations, and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs