Post Date: 01/16/2019
Close Date: 02/17/2019
The Alcohol and Drug Specialist is responsible to provide initial A&D screens, consultation to DHS caseworkers, and to provide support services to families referred by DHS. The Alcohol and Drug Specialist should be knowledgeable about treatment services throughout Multnomah County and will serve as a liaison for treatment availability and referrals.
Education, Training and Experience:
• CADC certification required at time of hire.
• At least a year of experience working with individuals with chemical dependency and treatment issues, and child welfare system.
• Experience working with a culturally diverse population.
• Excellent communication, information retrieval, and dissemination, implementation, and relationship-building skills.
• Organizational time management skills.
• Group facilitation skills.
• Computer literate – able to enter data at 50 wpm or better.
• Cultural competence
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• Active driver’s license, current insurance, reliable vehicle and ability to pass insurer’s driving standards.
• Successful pass of a criminal background check.
• Individual in recovery from alcohol or drug addiction must have maintained continuous sobriety under non-residential, independent living conditions for at least the immediate past two years at the time of hire and maintain sobriety for duration of employment in this role.
Complete details: wwww.voaor.org/explore-careers