Post Date: 01/23/2019
Close Date: 04/26/2019
JOB TITLE: Activities Leader – Summer Puentes Program – Girl Scouts
Multiple hires for several locations – Part-time, 2 or 4 days per week
Sites/Locations: Elementary Schools, Middle Schools or Community based organizations in Metro Portland (NE Portland, Gresham, Woodburn, Hillsboro, Cornelius, Molalla) Salem, Silverton, Independence, Hermiston-Umatilla, and Eugene.
HOURS: Temporary, part-time positions 10-20 hours per week (2 or 4 days per week, Monday-Thursdays)
DATES: June 17 - August 23, 2019
EQUITY STATEMENT: Girl Scouts has valued and supported all girls since our inception in 1912. The foundation of diversity that Juliette Gordon Low established runs throughout Girl Scouting to this day. Our mission extends to all girls, and through our program they develop the necessary leadership skills to advance diversity and promote inclusion. We wish for all girls to see themselves reflected in the organization they are a part of, and seek to model the values of diversity and inclusion we hope to instill in them. In order to achieve these goals, we are committed to creating and fostering racial and ethnic diversity at every level of the organization.
ABOUT US: Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington serves more than 25,000 girl and adult members in Oregon and Clark and Skamania Counties in Washington. Our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Through activities in science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship while fostering the development of leadership skills and self-esteem.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Summer Program Activities Leaders for the Puentes Program deliver Girl Scout activities to girls grades K-8 in schools and community-based organizations. This position supports a girl-led curriculum in areas such as STEM, the arts, and healthy living to promote girls' leadership development.
JOB DESCRIPTION: With the support of Girl Scout staff, training, curriculum and supplies, Activities Leaders deliver prepared Girl Scout activities for girls at an assigned site within a school district or community based organization. They facilitate girl meetings, and serve as a positive role model for girls.
• Delivers Girl Scout programs for 10-20 girls in grades K-8 two to four days a week, and manages all program supplies.
• Submits girls' Membership registration and paperwork to the Girl Scout office.
• Provides documentation of girls’ attendance and weekly program outcomes.
• Engages in the Girl Scouts Leadership Experience and participates in staff training.
• Communicates with GSOSW staff regularly and shares needs, challenges, and developments on-site.
• 18 years old or older.
• Experience in planning and delivering programs to culturally and ethnically diverse population.
• Minimum HS diploma.
• Experience working with groups of children ages 5-14. Able to plan, organize and supervise activities for groups of children.
• Strong organization, communication, teamwork and problem solving skills.
• Accept the mission and principles of Girl Scouting and register as a Member of the Girl Scouts.
• Computer proficiency at the intermediate level.
• Reliable transportation in order to travel within assigned geographical areas.
• Available to participate in a 30 hour staff training Monday-Thursday, June 17 - 20.
• Bilingual English & Spanish
• College classes in Education and/or Early Childhood Development
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a temporary part-time, non-exempt position offering an hourly rate of $14.00. This is a continuous recruitment to fill openings in different locations from June 17-August 23. This position is not eligible for GSOSW benefits.
TRANSFERABLE SKILLS: You will develop leadership experience, community networking, and program management experience. You will receive the satisfaction of making a difference in the life of a girl!
APPLY: Please go to our website or use the link below. Do not use any other link. To apply, click here: https://girlscoutsosw.applicantpool.com/jobs/305593-38809.html
Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage, value and honor diversity.
Complete details: https://girlscoutsosw.applicantpool.com/jobs/305593-38809.html