Post Date: 01/29/2019
Close Date: 02/13/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 13, 2019
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Senior Administrative Assistant R1-19-0156
In this position you will provide administrative support to a manager and their team(s); receive visitors, callers and incoming mail and handle routine matters; use software applications to prepare emails, correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, meeting minutes, etc.; independently responds to routine correspondence and inquiries.
You will support our journey by:
• General Office Support/Administration
• Communicate assignments and directives from manager to team
• Schedule meetings and appointments and travel arrangements for manager and staff
• Coordinate with Information Technology and other staff in maintaining interfaces for various systems
• Supports safety program; arranges safety meetings; tracks and schedules training and medical appointments; assists with various safety initiatives; performs clerical duties on the safety committee. Supports the Personal Protective Equipment Program by tracking and verifying
• Serves as a primary liaison with the Finance Department; reviews time and attendance entries to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies, contractual provisions, basic wage and hour regulations;
Preferred: five or more years in progressive administrative support and secretarial positions or a related field.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R1-19-0156. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING