Post Date: 08/26/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency
and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric,
Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista, and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2018, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Project Manager – Program Marketing oversees the development and implementation of compelling marketing materials driving customer engagement in support of energy efficiency and renewable energy program goals. The individual in this position translates technical information into actionable customer language and ensures consistent alignment with brand standards. The Project Manager – Program Marketing continuously improves marketing processes and works collaboratively with internal colleagues to support cross functional or program marketing initiatives, customer experience projects and organizational communications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Use standard project management techniques, including project planning, developing project schedules, meeting deadlines, communication with project team members and resolving issues to keep projects on course.
• Responsible for review and approval of marketing materials submitted by multiple contract service providers. Feedback provided should ensure complex technical information is clear and actionable for market actors, and that materials meet brand guidelines and quality criteria.
• Monitor marketing efforts to ensure and document their effectiveness and provide recommendations for improvements.
• Develop, write, edit and deliver Energy Trust marketing communications, including customer-facing newsletters, web copy, presentations, press releases, fact sheets, case studies, social media posts and other marketing projects.
• Manage and support cross-program or sector marketing communications initiatives and customer experience projects.
• Evaluate and recommend sponsorship opportunities to help meet program goals.
• Deliver high-quality program information for public presentations as requested.
• Fulfill external requests for events and program outreach needs.
• Participate on cross-functional teams for organizational initiatives and program-related customer experience projects.
• Implement strategy for trade ally/contractor communications.
• Collaborate with colleagues across functions to identify acceptable terminology and messaging on technical subjects and complex issues.
• Collect and report on market intelligence gathered from program and outreach staff for use in research and program planning.
• Provide program feedback on Energy Trust brand and style guidelines to ensure clear, current and concise direction that is actionable for contractors. Support brand training for staff and program management contractors.
• Support use of the information management system, eTRAK, as an internal collaboration, documentation and tracking platform for submission of marketing materials.
• Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
• This position may direct the work of marketing interns and/or temporary contract employees.
• Undergraduate degree (communications, advertising, journalism, marketing, or related academic discipline) or equivalent experience – preferred.
• 3 years of progressively responsible experience in marketing / communications or other related functions, marketing project trafficking and tracking, or related experience.
• Strong writing, editing and verbal communications skills and experience. Writing sample(s) will be required as part of the application process.
• Experience with automated marketing platforms and digital content strategy a plus.
• Experience working with creative agencies or teams preferred.
• Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, organize and plan for effective development and delivery of multiple projects. Strong time management, problem-solving, issue resolution, and collaboration skills are also necessary.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); SharePoint and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) experience a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to think and communicate creatively and strategically in a business-to-business environment, including experience conveying technical information.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities. Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
• Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
• Competitive benefits package.
• Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to email@example.com.
Attn: Project Manager – Program Marketing
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Complete details: https://www.energytrust.org/about/careers/