Post Date: 04/15/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
• Serves as a front-line representative for the Oregon Symphony.
• Engages directly with the public to generate revenue through outbound sales and fundraising campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Oregon Symphony (OSA) concert subscriptions, tickets sales, and memberships by phone at the facility provided by the OSA, from marketing leads furnished by the OSA.
2. Develop and be able to utilize a detailed working knowledge of concert event information, program content, target audience profiles, membership benefits, and donor events.
3. Develop and be able to utilize a working knowledge of seating sections and pricing at Symphony venues.
4. Develop competency in Tessitura database software to process orders, receive donations and review constituent data.
5. Participate in sales campaigns as directed by the OSA Teleservices Manager and Marketing Department.
6. Generate a minimum of 15 sales calls per hour from leads furnished by the OSA for each hour of the assigned shift.
7. Create an organized call-backs system utilizing Microsoft Office Suite to ensure the best and most efficient sales strategy.
8. Promptly follow up on all leads furnished.
9. Function as a supportive member of the Patron Services Department, providing assistance to other Patron Service Representative, and in the training of new staff members.
10. Attend weekly Teleservices Team Meetings.
11. Accurately complete all necessary records and paperwork on time.
12. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all information and leads provided by the OSA as proprietary to the OSA.
13. Represent the OSA with integrity. Handle all business related to the OSA, its employees, and its patrons, with a courteous, professional demeanor. Work in an efficient and confidential manner.
14. Teleservices PSRs are also required to assist in Ticket Office Operations, including, but not limited to:
a. Being available to work a minimum of 2 concerts or ticket office shifts per month.
b. Assisting the ticket office during peak sales times, as assigned and when available within the weekly 29.75-hour maximum.
c. Spend a portion of each shift handling inbound calls from the Ticket Office queue from 6–9 pm and at other times as directed by the Box Office Manager or the Teleservices Manager.
REQUIRED HOURS / WORK SCHEDULE: The call-center is open from 1–9 pm, Monday through Friday. Teleservices PSRs must regularly work the prime calling hours of 5–9 pm, Monday through Thursday, to be of maximum effectiveness. In addition, PSRs are expected to work some Friday shifts as directed by Teleservices Manager. Friday shifts begin no later than 6 pm and continue until 9 pm.
PSRs must work at least four days per week, working a minimum of 20 hours and a maximum of 29.75 hours per week. Ticket-office and concert shifts do not count towards these minimums. Additional hours, up to 40 per week, may be allocated at peak times during the Season, but only with prior approval of the Vice-President of Marketing.
Scheduling is flexible, but all changes require prior approval by the Teleservices Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience: HS diploma and 1-2 years of sales experience preferred.
• Language Skills: Ability to quickly learn to pronounce foreign names of composers, compositions and artists.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and calculate discount percentages.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills: Ability to quickly learn and use Tessitura database/ticketing software, working proficiency in Microsoft Outlook. Training in Tessitura is provided and two weeks’ proficiency period is given.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Availability to work the required schedule and hours; ability to offer excellent customer service and can demonstrate superb sales skills; exceptional communication and good organizational skills; dependability.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Appreciation for live symphonic music a plus.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; exhibits confidence in self and others.
• Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Ethics – Inspires respect and trust and treats everyone with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; promotes a harassment-free environment; observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
• Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
• Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
• Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Quality and Quantity – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment.
• Dependability – Is consistently at work and on time; follows instructions, responds to management direction.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in order to use computer monitor. When assigned to concert duty, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts such as computer printers. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Complete details: https://www.orsymphony.org/about/careers/