Post Date: 04/12/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: The Controller provides leadership and coordination of agency planning, debt financing, budget management, internal controls, and audit management. The Controller is responsible for ensuring agency accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles, nonprofit government accounting procedures, and compliance monitoring. This position coordinates development of all CCC internal controls and assures compliance of internal control policies with the agency-approved format. This position must be able to communicate effectively the importance of fiscal accountability, timely and accurate financial reporting to gain the cooperation of the many diverse departments and to coordinate efforts to provide accurate and timely information, and providing exceptional service to departments.
1. CPA required; Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
2. Minimum of 5 years of Accounting experience required.
3. Knowledge of applicable accounting methods, standards and practices including GAAP and OMB A-122.
4. Knowledge of budgeting practices and procedures.
5. Excellent computer skills. Microsoft Office applications, especially, Excel and Word as well SAGE MIP fund accounting and Ultimate Software.
6. Minimum of 2 years of supervision experience.
7. Must be able to work under pressure, complete tasks accurately, and meet deadlines.
8. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
9. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
10. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY: Check out the full job description and apply at:
You must apply on the website and upload your resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs