Post Date: 06/27/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
Are you looking for an awesome job where you get to make a difference every day? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’re consistently ranked as one of the 100 Best Non-profit Employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support a man who lives in his own condo in Gresham and experiences developmental disabilities. He is a happy, friendly, and jovial person that likes to access the community. He is eager to work with a “Personal Assistant” who will value time spent in the community as well as downtime in the home. Together, you will go grocery shopping, to the food bank, the library, and the gym. He also loves to ride his bike, so if you bring your own, you can ride together!
You will also work together on household chores, cooking, attending medical appointments, and running errands. He needs assistance with taking medications, managing his diet, doing his PT exercises, and using adaptive equipment.
You’ll work five shifts per week, totaling 40 hours per week: please choose the 5 days per week you would like to work from the following days: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and choose your hours from the following timeframes: 8am to 4pm, 8:30am to 4:30pm or 9am to 5pm. *You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
*In your cover letter, please list your preferred 5 days per week and your preferred hours.
• $12.29 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Be able to drive on the job: must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Experience in the developmental disability field preferred, but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Happy & Friendly Man (Gresham)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/86FCB904AC