Post Date: 06/24/2019
Close Date: 11/29/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technical Project Manager with Agile skills to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you will provide leadership, project management and technology expertise for a program of work for the Department of Human Services (DHS).
OR-Kids is the State of Oregon’s legacy child welfare information system, which was originally implemented as a large one-size-fits all federal framework meant to help case workers manage their caseloads and comply with federal reporting requirements. Oregon will be transitioning OR-Kids into a new federal framework known as CCWIS (Comprehensive Child Welfare Information System) that considers new child welfare practices and technologies. The CCWIS program will provide Oregon with the opportunity to redesign the lifecycle of child welfare and ultimately improve outcomes for children and families, through better data interoperability, modularity, and data quality.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Technical Project Manager with Agile skills, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Five (5) years of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Experience managing large complex multi-million dollar IT projects, particularly software development projects.
• 5 years recent experience using structured project management methodologies and industry standard project management best practices.
• Proven success delivering agile projects / programs.
• 3 years recent experience in Agile Project Management.
• Experience managing complex IT programs or portfolios.
• Successful application of IT project management knowledge in ambiguous and unique circumstances while managing a cross-functional team with internal matrix resources and external contractors.
• Successful navigation of complex organizations with occasionally loosely defined structure and boundaries.
• Superior communications and interpersonal soft skills.
• Adept at recognizing and anticipating emerging project risks, business priorities, and addressing these through risk mitigation, contingency plans and communication strategies.
• Project stewardship experience – i.e. given the constraints and budget, the client's success criteria and expectations are met and project costs are controlled.
• Experience coaching, mentoring and sharing knowledge with less experienced colleagues and team members.
• Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.