Post Date: 01/18/2019
Close Date: 02/15/2019
Position Profile: Senior Graphic Designer
On-Call, scheduled to work 19 hours per week or less
$17.64 - $22.96 per hour
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking an on-call Senior Graphic Designer who will work as part of an interdisciplinary team to produce 2D Graphics, Design & Layouts for OMSI exhibits, experience design, software and environments.
OMSI is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region. OMSI’s staff consists of 250-300 paid employees and 500 volunteers. They share a passion for our mission and believe deeply in partnering with communities across the region to serve diverse audiences and achieve collective impact.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Graphic Designer will work specifically on Designing our Tomorrow, a National Science Foundation-funded research and exhibit project, which will engage families in engineering design challenges through a sustainability and biomimicry lens. This project will involve a cohort of youth from Latino communities to inform exhibit design and the exhibit will be created in Spanish and English. The ideal candidate prefers bilingual skills in English/Spanish and some deep cultural and linguistic competencies, including experience designing for Latino communities.
What you’ll need:
• Advanced knowledge of graphics, and two-dimensional design.
• Excellent hand rendering and sketching skills.
• Advanced knowledge Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
• Ability to create detailed shop drawings.
• Ability to create, coordinate and perform design presentations to internal and external clients.
• Ability to work with vendors and freelance designers.
• Minimum 5 years of graphic design experience, or similar field.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as a criminal background check and reference checks.
Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/304618.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes on February 15, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/304618.html