Post Date: 11/22/2019
Close Date: 12/07/2019
This position is located at Cleveland High School.
The Career Coordinator is responsible for a broad range of career/interest related school and community activities. The Career Coordinator provides leadership, resource development, coordination and technical assistance in the implementation of school based and work based career learning activities for students.
• Serves as the school's primary contact for career related learning in grades 9-12, under the supervision of the School Administrator.
• Works with school administrators and faculty to facilitate a systemic framework within the school to meet diploma requirements for Personalized Learning:
• Manages student progress and tracks completion of requirements including completion of Personalized Learning Requirements, Education Plan and Profile, Career Related Learning Experiences, Extended Application and Career Related Learning Standards as contained in Essential Skills components.
• Assists in data collection and maintenance of student proficiency in meeting district standards.
• Collaborates with staff to support student preparation in careers, workplace readiness and personal development.
• Assists counselors and staff to coordinate student access to the District’s approved career development tools.
• Coordinates career related learning experiences:
• Recruits and facilitates development and maintenance of community/business partnerships that provide career learning opportunities for students and teachers.
• Markets career learning opportunities to students and staff.
• Facilitates, coordinates, supervises and tracks student participation in career learning activities.
• Utilizes and supports the District's approved online career development database system.
• Develops/implements training activities and orientation programs for high school students to learn about community service and internship opportunities. Candidate will also show students how to be successful in the field.
• Creates/implements a communication plan with community/business partners to mentor student attendance & field concerns.
• Actively represents the school in the local community through participation in business/community organizations, presentations and attendance at appropriate meetings and activities.
• Assists elective teachers and administrators to identify strategies to strengthen the school's pathway program(s).
• Attends District department meetings and other planning sessions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
CLASSIFICATION AND SALARY
This position is classified as Pay Grade N, on the Appendix B of The PFSP Classified salary schedule FLSA Non-Exempt.
Salary range: $28.37-$38.34 per hour for a 202 day work year.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience working with high school students and diverse populations.
• Knowledge of public secondary school organizations, policy and standard procedures.
• Knowledge of local community resources, industries, and community organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and implement career-related partnerships and activities with business/community and public schools.
• Minimum of three years of experience working in a position requiring collaboration, partnership building and creative problem solving.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, consultation and organizational skills and evidence of oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership in group process.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing social media and other related technologies.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit our website at: http://www.pps.net/Page/2158 and apply to Job# 20361
CLOSING DATE: December 3, 2019
The District is focused on eliminating systemic racism and its impact on student learning. PPS is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all its educational and employment activities. The District prohibits discrimination based on race; national or ethnic origin; color; sex; religion; age; sexual orientation; gender expression or identity; pregnancy; marital status; familial status; economic status or source of income; mental or physical disability or perceived disability or perceived disability; or military service. Portland Public Schools is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Complete details: http://jobs.pps.net