Post Date: 12/23/2019
Close Date: 01/31/2020
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Sr. IT Cyber Security Developer / Analyst – Sailpoint
This position will work as a senior technical role that contributes to designs, develops, deploys and supports new cyber security capabilities, engineering and supporting security platforms and tools to protect PGE’s customers and stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Develops or maintains computer programs, scripts, and vendor security applications/tools, including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and implementation as needed.
• Contributes to feasibility studies and defines and designs system requirements for complex projects.
• Provide code reviews of team members and project resources.
• Acts as a liaison to the other systems areas and provides technical guidance working with the solution architect.
• Acts as the technical consultant on project development or transition of new support requirements and the implementation of any new support processes.
• Provides guidance, assistance, coordination, and follow-up on inquiries and problem reports to determine short workarounds and long-term resolution of reported problems or malfunctions.
• Serves as an expert resource or “go-to person” within a group; may review the work of others.
• Consults with system partners and other business units regarding current and proposed support techniques, practices, or new technologies.
• Evaluates and makes recommendations on current processes, practices, or technologies that would enhance business and IT needs.
• Communicates with systems, vendors, and partners at all levels in the business unit about proposed processes that would enhance current practices.
• Provides input into strategic planning and long-range direction for technology, processes, and practices working with solution architect and IT Applications management.
• Reviews documents, existing procedures, and processes and recommends where automation or improved processes can be implemented.
• Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of new processes, systems and/or modifications to existing solutions.
The successful candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of experience in application development, configuration and Day2 support role in the identity and access management (IAM) field is ideal. 4+ years in a senior-level experience with IAM SailPoint IIQ. Advanced analytical and communication skills are required to evaluate the effectiveness of processes, and to redesign or implement system changes.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Identity Access Management (IAM), specifically experience configuring/implementing and Day2 support of SailPoint IIQ, in a complex Sailpoint IIQ environment integrating with AD, databases, applications via out of the box and custom-developed adapters.
• Develop custom connectors, lifecycle / workflows, rules, etc, in Sailpoint IIQ. Configure UI views, request items, approvals, access reviews and re-certifications, reports, etc.
• Experience with the following web technologies: XML, SPML/SOAP, Web and Application Servers (Tomcat and/or JBoss), HTML.
• Experience working with tools such as: GIT/BitBucket, Eclipse IDE.
• Experience working with Relational Databases - Oracle, SQL Server.
• Experience installing, deploying, supporting, and customizing vendor software across multiple platforms (UNIX, Windows, etc…).
• LDAP directories, including Active Directory, Azure AD.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent communication skills and extensive experience working with clients and partners.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Proven experience with all phases of SDLC and ITIL.
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere and collaborate with others to establish and meet timelines with minimal oversight. Work closely and effectively with the CyberSecurity Engineer Lead, IAM Architect, IAM Program Management team, QA, and Application team resources
• Will participate in team on-call rotation supporting applications/systems.
• Will be available for storm response during inclement weather.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Prefer deep experience with Privileged Access Management (PAM) applications and tools, specifically CyberArk, leveraging this tool within a mature IAM and Sailpoint environment.
• Prefer experience with F5 technology as a load-balance and security function.
• Security architecture and design experience desired.
• Experience with role engineering tools a plus (RBAC).
• Experience building bullet-proofing / automated monitoring capabilities around vended applications.
• A broad perspective of the utility business and thorough knowledge of network concepts and systems.
• Ensure security policies and applicable regulatory guidelines are adhered to in the implementation of IAM solutions.
• Working knowledge of applicable policies, rules, and regulations, especially concerning employee privacy.
• Demonstrated understanding of the managing and reporting of compliance environments (i.e. SOX, NERC CIP, HIPAA)
• Experience with Agile / Scrum / Kanban / Waterfall.
• Nice to have Certifications:
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
To apply, please visit: portlandgeneral.com/careers