Post Date: 10/28/2019
Close Date: 11/25/2019
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technician with strong scripting skills to join an excellent team, provide Level 2 Technical Support and work to advance their IT operations.
What you will do!
As a User Experience Team Technician, you will provide technical and testing analytical support to the next level of the User Experience Team. You will serve at Level 2 out of 4 escalation points for technical issues.
In this role, you will provide support for new package releases or upcoming changes in testing installation introductions, troubleshooting, scripting and problem solving.
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
The Oregon Health Authority is committed to developing and promoting culturally and linguistically appropriate programs and a diverse and inclusive workforce representing the diversity, culture, strengths and values of the people of Oregon. Click here, to learn more about OHA’s mission, vision and core values. OHA is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information or any other protected class under state or federal law.
What we are looking for:
• (a) Four (4) years of information systems experience in Technical Support and Problem Solving. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND Two (2) years of information systems experience in Technical Support and Problem Solving. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Experience using scripting languages such as PowerShell
• IT experience related to software, hardware, scripting, application system programming, systems analysis and/or computer operations.
• Outstanding customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
• Working knowledge of software distribution and patch management to Windows PC's, laptops, and servers.
• Familiarity of diagnosing and troubleshooting system/network/application problems with System Center Configuration Manager.
• Familiarity with Microsoft 365 and modernizing of Endpoint devices.