Post Date: 10/14/2019
Close Date: 11/11/2019
A healthy community begins at home. REACH provides quality affordable housing and opportunities for individuals, families, and communities to thrive.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Responsible for the overall operations of assigned properties, ensuring project performance based on established goals and benchmarks. Directly supervises Property Managers in assigned portfolio. The Portfolio Manager conducts regular trainings for Property Managers on property management topics and software updates and for Building Monitors to ensure consistency in practices, policies and procedures. In addition, a Portfolio Manager may be responsible for acting as the System Administrator for various department software programs and may provide training to other department personnel. Ensures that Property Managers operate within REACH and Property Management Department policies and procedures and within state and federal regulations governing affordable housing.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
• Oversees preparations of annual project budgets; provides input on annual management plan(s) as
they pertain to assigned portfolio; makes adjustments as needed to meet targeted goals/standards.
• Prepares documents for submission to HUD for rent increases and contract renewals.
• Monitors portfolio performance and prepares reports on occupancy, collections, move-in/out activity, turnaround time, delinquency and other key property management performance factors.
• Provides guidance to supervisee’s rental activities, including, but not limited to applications, move-ins, move-outs, terminations, evictions, tenant conflicts, etc, when needed.
• May act as System Administrator for specific software programs used in the department
• Works to ensure systems are current and meet all compliance requirements; coordinates with REACH compliance staff on updates; coordinates with vendors of software programs to insure that systems meet REACH Property Management Department needs.
• Reviews and processes all denied rental applicant appeals and requests for Reasonable Accommodations in the assigned portfolio and coordinates with other Portfolio Managers and Director of Property Management to insure timely responses, consistency and accurate record keeping.
• Reviews tenant files for accuracy and timely filing; inspects properties and units for timely turnovers and curb appeal etc.
Staff Training and Development
• Provides focused 90 day training program for new Property Managers; provides regular written feedback on new hire progress to direct supervisor.
• Works jointly with other Portfolio Managers, Director of Property Management and Compliance and Training Manager to conduct trainings for all Property Managers on the web based, property management software program; ensures proper use and understanding and adherence to REACH’s policies and procedures regarding the PM program(s).
• Attends periodic software vendor’s “Train the Trainer” conferences; implements pertinent new information and uses material for quarterly updates to managers.
• Conducts regular trainings for Building Monitors to ensure consistency in department practices and procedures.
• Ensures that all policies and procedures are employed.
• Meets weekly with assigned staff; keeps staff focused on goals, projects, priorities.
• Conducts annual evaluations. Communicates clearly and professionally with staff.
• Ensures compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
• Ensures buildings are maintained in safe, secure, clean and good condition.
• Conducts annual inspections.
• Maintains appropriate paperwork, files and records. Completes and submits reports, forms and other paperwork as required.
• Supports and cooperates with Resident Services Programs and Activities
• Conducts joint inspections with Facilities to ensure that all properties meet REACH standards.
• Serves as liaison to Housing Development Department on new constructed or acquired housing projects.
• Interacts with various social service agencies, Home Forward and other community partners particularly regarding issues related to organizations residents and applicants.
• Keeps Director of Property Management informed of pertinent issues and concerns
• Maintains work area in clean and professional manner.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Operates from established and well known procedures.
• Decisions are made within organization operating guidelines.
• Performs duties independently with minimal supervision.
• Position involves a moderate degree of complexity in dealing with recurring work situation with occasional variations from the norm.
• Work is periodically reviewed by supervisor and verified by administrative employees.
• Errors may result in incorrectly collected or applied rent monies, resident issues or dissatisfaction, increased unit turnover and negatively impact organization.
This position supervises two or more Property Managers and may supervise office support staff.
REACH employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing REACH business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity, derogatory and abusive language is specifically forbidden.
Specific Job Skills:
• Knowledge of property management, including applicable Oregon and/or Washington landlord/tenant and fair housing rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of and experience meeting HUD and LIHTC requirements for affordable housing.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Working knowledge of smartphone technology including phone calls, text, email and calendar.
• A good working knowledge of property management software program(s).
• Ability to lead and work as a team member as needed.
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with all types of people.
• Basic math, attention to detail and organizational skills.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education or equivalent.
• Five years of experience in property management, and two to three years portfolio level experience required.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
*Full job description for both positions are attached to the posting located on the website.
Complete details: https://reachcdc.org/reach/careers