Post Date: 02/19/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Scheduled to work April – May, 40 hours per week
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Come cook for young explorers and visitors at Camp Meriwether, outside Tilllamook, Oregon! Give kids and visitors the energy they need to learn and explore by preparing and cooking delicious and nutritious snacks and meals for them. Join the OMSI team and become a part of a dynamic team that participates in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do
• Prepare and cook meals efficiently for groups of up to 150 participants, at designated times, meeting food preparation timelines.
• Wash all dishes and clean all surfaces used in the preparation of meals.
• Work as a team with other kitchen staff to maintain inventory control and order food.
What you’ll need
• Demonstrated knowledge of kitchen tools and equipment safety.
• Ability to repurpose leftover food into new dishes.
• Ability to follow recipes and improvise when necessary.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
• Optional on-site living, including shared staff quarters.
• $80 - $85 per day, depending on experience.
• Eligible for health benefits and Oregon Sick time.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more about a specific position or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/290483.html
Position closes March 31, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/290483.html