Post Date: 07/15/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is one of the top 100 non-profit employers in Oregon, and we’re currently seeking a weekend caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support an independent young woman who experiences developmental disabilities. She lives in a cozy apartment in outer SE Portland, and she is motivated and social.
You’ll work one shift per week, totaling 27 hours per week: 1pm on Saturday through 4pm on Sunday. *You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
Together, you’ll do fun things like watching movies, making crafts, and decorating. You’ll also help her learn new ways of being independent, and provide assistance as she showers, uses the bathroom, cooks, and goes grocery shopping. Finally, you will coach her as she processes her emotions.
This is a great job because you’ll generally be able to sleep through the night, though she is a bit of a night owl and typically goes to bed by midnight. She encourages her personal assistants to stay up with her so be prepared to work late during your shifts. However, she sleeps in late so you’ll have some paid downtime and the chance to make a big difference every day!
• $12.50 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• 3 weeks of paid time off based on a 27-hour work week totaling 81 PTO hours in your first year.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage reimbursement if choosing to drive for UCP.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Drivers preferred—if choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Non-driving applicants—must be at least 18 years old.
• Experience in the mental health or developmental disability field preferred, but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Weekend Caregiver for Independent Young Woman (SE Portland)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.