Post Date: 04/01/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: System Administrator II
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology and Information Services
SALARY: $71,738-$86,085, Annually DOE
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: The goal of the Infrastructure team is to provide quality services and technical support to our end users so that they can improve the lives of CCC clients. As a member of the Infrastructure team this person will need to be committed to our change management process which is structured to reduce system disruptions, create shared understanding about the services we support and provide visibility into the work performed by this team for external stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this position will excel at providing excellent customer service and will have advanced skills in Active Directory, Office 365, Virtualization, Remote access and MDM solutions. To be successful the right candidate will need to be adaptable and flexible enough to change with our business requirements. This person will have the experience necessary to be looked upon as a mentor to less experienced staff and be able to remain calm during crisis. To succeed in this role the right person will need to be a blend of problem solver and planner attacking challenges in an organized, systematic, and risk aversive way.
1. Graduated from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in computer science or information services field, or have five or more years of recent professional related experience in system administration, systems troubleshooting, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
2. A minimum of three years of direct experience working with Active Directory with an emphasis on group policy management.
3. A minimum of a year of direct experience managing an Office 365 environment.
4. A minimum of two years managing enterprise remote access environment solutions.
5. Recent experience in maintaining workstations, laptops, printers, switches and servers.
6. Must possess a recent driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
7. Will be required to carry a cell phone for work use.
8. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
9. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
10. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day and carry equipment between different locations in the downtown core.
11. Must adhere to agency's non-discrimination policies.
12. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs