Post Date: 06/13/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
HR Business Partner (R-19-1398)
This position is a limited duration role of up to 12 months depending on performance and business needs.
We are seeking an experienced human resources business partner to join our growing team. As the HR Business Partner, you will act as a consultant to middle management on HR-related issues aligning business objectives with people and culture initiatives. You should be a proactive communicator and change agent, someone who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions. The person in this role must be exceptional at building relationships with all levels of employees and leaders. This role will be supporting either our Operations or Corporate partners.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Serves as an HR thought partner for middle managers. Proactively anticipates needs and develops or communicates HR solutions to meet key business objectives. Proactively introduces HR-related solutions aligned to best practices. Serves as a liaison between the business and HR.
• Coach and counsel managers and supervisors on how to deliver performance feedback. Work with managers and supervisors to develop and deliver performance action plans.
• Advises management on complex and difficult employee relations issues that may drive/shape the business or change management strategy/approach. May consult with leaders on strategy and actions to address broad-based employee relations issues (e.g., employee engagement action planning)
• Identifies employee and/or labor relations trends and issues in client territory that may drive/shape business or change management strategy/approach. Collaborates with Labor Relations Department and middle management to resolve and respond to employee concerns and/or grievances.
• May take active role in supporting development discussions of high-potential individual contributors and managers. Provides leadership coaching to directors and managers.
• Identifies issues or problems and develops line of business-level recommendations with cross-department coordination.
The successful candidate will typically have eight or more years in human resources with at least two years as an HR business partner or equivalent experience; labor relations experience required, depending on position. PHR or SHRM-CP preferred. Other HR certifications a plus (e.g., CEBS, CBP, CCP, AIRS, ATD). PMP certification preferred.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R-19-1398. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING