Post Date: 01/23/2019
Close Date: 02/23/2019
Location: Hillsboro Early Childhood Center
Salary: Support Services, Range D ($16.79 - $17.55)
Bargaining Unit: OSEA
Start Date: ASAP
This position carries out program activities as planned and scheduled by licensed personnel and provides
instruction to individual and small groups as directed by the licensed staff. This position monitors student
safety and behavior in various settings.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
1. High School Diploma required.
2. To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with the following: e-mail (MS Outlook),
internet software and word processing (MS Word).
3. Ability to lift students from a wheel chair to the floor and back and on and off of a changing table.
4. Certificates as determined by the District including a valid driver’s license and CPR certificate as well as
instruction in bloodborne pathogens. Other training as required by District.
5. Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other
duties may be assigned.
1. Prepares instructional materials under direction of licensed teacher.
2. Provides instruction under the direction of licensed teacher.
3. Assists teacher in working with students to complete assignments.
4. Assists teacher in grading and recording students' assignments.
5. Takes and maintains data as needed and required by licensed teacher.
6. Assists students with restroom needs as directed.
7. Maintains students' safety and monitors appropriate behavior at recess, in class and during bus loading
and unloading. Notes discipline issues and completes proper paperwork for reporting such incidents.
8. Participates in restraint training as required.
9. Maintains confidentiality.
10. Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
11. Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels.
12. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Complete details: https://phl.applitrack.com/nwresd/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1