Post Date: 04/04/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
Central City Concern (CCC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency serving single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. Founded in 1979, the agency has developed a comprehensive continuum of affordable housing options integrated with direct social services including healthcare, mental health counseling, recovery and employment. Central City Concern meets its mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
TITLE: Program Accountant
SALARY: $55,904-$64,290 DOE
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: The Program Accountant is responsible for performing accounting functions for Supportive Housing, Employment and Social Enterprises programs (“programs”) at Central City Concern.
These functions include but are not limited to:
-Accounting and reporting for program revenue and expenses
- Assist the Controller – Health Services and Employment with the program annual budget process, contract and grant budgets, and drafting and reviewing related contracts
- Act as Accounting liaison for Supportive Housing leadership.
- Act as Accounting liaison for Employment and Social Enterprise leadership. Employment programs include employment, clean start and community volunteer corps. Social enterprises programs include CCC bed frames, CCC coffee and CCC staffing.
- Analyze budget to actual results and support program Leadership in understanding financial results
- This position must be able to:
- Communicate effectively the importance of fiscal accountability
- Apply critical analytical tools to understand actual financial results
- Providing exceptional service to departments will be an important role of this position.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business degree with minimum 2 years of relevant accounting experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in another field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant Accounting experience required.
2. Knowledge of applicable accounting methods, standards and practices including GAAP.
3. Knowledge of budgeting practices and procedures.
4. Excellent computer skills. Microsoft Office applications, especially, Excel and Word required and QuickBooks experience required. Abila MIP experience preferred.
5. Must be able to work under pressure, complete tasks accurately, and meet deadlines.
6. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
7. If in recovery, must be currently clean and sober.
8. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
9. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity. CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees (in regular positions over 20 hours per week) valuing at approximately 30% of total compensation. Benefits include Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage and generous paid time off beginning at 4 weeks per year at time of hire.
HOW TO APPLY:
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs