Post Date: 05/20/2020
Close Date: 06/30/2020
The Programming Unit in the Public Works Department seeks an innovative individual who is a self-starter, highly motivated and can work under tight deadlines and understands the sense of urgency with the ability to jump in and figure it out.
As the Capital Programming Specialist Senior, you will plan, prioritize, forecast and monitor the coordination of capital programs. You will have an understanding of methods and procedures of finance that include; reconciliating, grant accounting, and auditing. You will have to have the ability to clearly coordinate and communicate (verbal and written) funding availability, legalities, and regulations to remain in compliance with the funding partners.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with major course work in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Public Administration, Planning, Project Management Or other related discipline and minimum two (2) years related work experience
• Or Associates Degree in a related discipline and minimum four (4) years related work experience.
• Minimum four (4) years’ experience in a position comparable to a Capital Programs Specialist
• Ability to pass a Grant Writing Exam
• A valid Washington State driver’s license at time of hire
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage time well in order to meet deadlines
• Possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
• Attention to detail to be vigilant in analysis to come to correct conclusions
• Be a team player who is approachable and supportive; able to contribute ideas and recommendations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all level of the organization
HOW TO APPLY:
An online application is required. For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: Local 17 Engineers.211 ($32.59 - $41.62) per hour
Close Date: Open until filled
Complete details: https://www.clark.wa.gov/human-resources/explore-careers-clark-county