Post Date: 10/21/2019
Close Date: 12/30/2019
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Architect with Strong DevOps skills to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
What you will do!
As a Development Operations “DevOps” Service Architect you will be responsible for analyzing, implementing and supporting Application Development automation tools to aid other IT staff in their development of IT systems.
In this role, you will help create service and support models, as well as provide scalable services for DevOps practices and tools. You will be the content coordinator for the DevOps Collaboration sites. You will be responsible for service artifacts like the service charter and the service operations and transition plans. You will be also be accountable for change management approvals and service communications.
You will be responsible for helping the platform architect in determining platform functionality, critical requirements, proper configurations and maintenance schedules for ongoing system availability. You will also act as a mentor for other agency staff whom support, utilize and are adopting these systems.
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
What we are looking for:
• (a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in DevOps. OR (b) An Associate’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND Five (5) years of information systems experience in DevOps. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in DevOps. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field AND One (1) year of information systems experience in DevOps. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• 1-3 years of experience with Development Operations tools such as ADOS or TFS, GIT, JIRA, SVN and Jenkins.
• 1-3 years of prior .NET application development experience.
• Strong working knowledge of developing and supporting an IT service.
• Ability to drive adoption of the DevOps tools within an organization by consistently taking high-level, customer driven ideas and turning them into actionable requirements through in-depth operational analytics.
• Desire to work with a diverse group of developers to aid in their adoption of the agency DevOps tools.
• Experience using modern source control systems, testing practices, code and design review tools and processes.
• Knowledge of and experience with ITIL based service design, operations and transition to drive implementation standards and guidelines. ITIL 4 foundations certification will be gained while on the job.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Solid understanding and experience with a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Ability to work with little guidance when performing complex development functions, establishing personal work priorities, resolving issues in alignment with unit’s technical standards, practices, frameworks and paradigms.
• Project management experience.
• Proactive planning skills.
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.