Post Date: 01/09/2019
Close Date: 02/08/2019
Since 1973 The Oregon Community Foundation (OCF) has pursued a mission to improve lives for all Oregonians through the power of philanthropy. We work with individuals, families, businesses and organizations to create charitable funds that support the community causes they care about. These funds support the critical work that nonprofits are doing across Oregon. Our headquarters are in Portland, with regional offices in Bend, Eugene, Salem, and Medford, Oregon.
The Events and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating, implementing and overseeing comprehensive event planning and execution standards for key OCF events and external meetings, collaborating with other OCF staff whose responsibilities include planning events and external meetings. The position will ensure cohesive communication and logistical service delivery, in support of OCF brand standards, serving in both consultative and implementation capacity, and to ensure communications are present before, during and after each event. Additionally, the position will coordinate implementation of OCF’s community event sponsorship strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders, fulfilling the goals of the OCF Marketing Plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Event Coordination (70%)
• Develop, and deploy branding and communication protocols for the entire event cycle for a wide array of OCF events and external meetings including a set of standards addressing venue, catering and A/V logistics, run of show, contracts, communication, promotion, execution, and event analysis.
• Utilize OCF relationship management database (iPhi) and OCF team member relationship knowledge to produce comprehensive event invitation lists, for both digital and printed invitations.
• Integrate event promotion and communication strategy with OCF Marketing and Communication Planning - including producing event collateral, social media content, media outreach potential and more.
• Maintain a list of vendors and venues that align with OCF’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Incorporate OCF’s equity, diversity and inclusion commitment to create accessible events and support other staff in ensuring event accessibility.
• Manage and update OCF’s internal events checklist when needed, as well as a yearly OCF calendar of events for all departments to successfully manage and streamline workflow and requests for Communications event support.
• Oversee event budgeting, and work with OCF’s Finance team for expense reconciliation, invoicing,
and other financial obligations.
• Arrange for photography and media presence at events when appropriate.
• Participate as needed in event-related data entry and review, ensuring all relevant data is properly recorded.
• Perform post-event analysis to determine success and growth areas of events.
• Partner with members of other departments to best plan, execute, and assess events for different audiences. Provide excellent service to internal and external stakeholders.
• Standardize event delivery and align with OCF Brand Strategy.
Marketing & Communications (30%)
• Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Marketing and Communications and VP of People and Culture - manage the budget and distribution of OCF event sponsorships that best promote OCF’s leadership, community impact and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Collaborate with OCF Content Marketing Manager to create written and graphic content for events, external meetings, and additional Marketing and Communications projects when needed.
• Report on key performance indicators related to OCF events, external meetings, and additional Marketing and Communications projects when needed.
• Collaborate with and consult other departments on marketing needs.
• Support the Marketing and Communications Director on special projects.
Required Education, Training, Experience and Skills:
• Four years’ experience in event planning and project management.
• Four years’ experience in communications, marketing, development or related field. Previous experience working in non-profit organizations preferred.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
• Experience with constituent relationship management (CRM) software.
• Demonstrated ability to execute every step of an event cycle.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
• Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, with a preference for demonstrated ability in Adobe InDesign.
• Experience with social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Demonstrated experience working independently, proactively identifying or initiating ways to enhance a process, procedure or outcome that benefits an organization.
• Extraordinary organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and use existing and new technologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable presenting in front of audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively interact, communicate, and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams and with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Proficiency with problem solving and analysis utilizing a methodical approach to identify issues and find appropriate solutions.
• Advanced project management skills, including the ability to create an implementation/roll out plan, identify milestones and timelines, track and manage deliverables.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $45,500 - $63,000 and will depend on experience. OCF offers an excellent benefit package with generous paid time off, choice of medical and dental plans, vision, outstanding 401k retirement plan, cell phone stipend, commuter and healthcare savings accounts, employer paid disability and life. Our employees have access to an Employee Assistance Plan, paid volunteer leave, and professional development opportunities.
The Oregon Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strive to build a diverse workforce to promote effective work in partnership with all communities and population groups in Oregon. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants.
We are accepting resumes until the position is filled. To apply, provide a cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position and include your resume. https://www.oregoncf.org/explore-ocf/careers