Post Date: 02/28/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time Bookstore Clerk to join the Course Materials teams. Hours vary Monday -- Friday, between 6:30am and 8:00pm with the possibility of working beyond those hours for special events and occasional weekend days. Bookstore clerks work 0-40 hours per week depending on the quarterly fluctuations of the department for a maximum of 1050 hours per year.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Provide customer service in person, by telephone and by e-mail
• Clean, price, stock and rotate merchandise and displays
• Set up and move displays and fixtures
• Assist Buyer with bookkeeping, purchasing, inventory, and maintaining vendor relationships
• Assist staff with projects, duties and special projects as needed. This includes marketing, maintaining social media accounts, and working at out of store remote events on and off campus
• Perform related duties as assigned
• High School Graduation or equivalent OR 16/17 years of age with parental and school authorization consent
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite including; Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe software: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Flexibility and willingness to work a variety of hours to meet business needs
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability and willingness to bend/stoop/stand/sit for the length of the shift and lift up to 40lbs
• Ability to maintain the cleanliness and presentation standards of the business
• Ability to learn and operate the inventory management system as it relates to duties
• Ability to work well within a small, diverse team environment
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current résumé
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Open until filled.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
February 28, 2019
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs