Post Date: 05/15/2020
Close Date: 06/30/2020
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista. Year over year, Energy Trust is recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist is responsible for performing day to day HR operations and works closely with the HR team on implementing the HR strategic plan. This position will be responsible for supporting all disciplines of HR (diversity and inclusion efforts, job analysis, recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, leave administration, compliance, compensation, performance management and reporting) with a special focus on benefits administration, compensation, compliance, diversity initiatives, reporting and reconciliation. As a HR team member and valued business partner, the HR Generalist will plan and lead special projects designed to improve the efficiency and impact of the HR team and provide excellent service to internal stakeholders.
Please submit a detailed cover letter that outlines your HR experience. Please specifically outline your compensation, compliance and diversity, equity and inclusion efforts to be considered for this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee and manage all aspects of the hiring process for all leadership and specialized roles within the organization including development of position descriptions, recruiting, interviewing, assisting with final selection of employees to fill open positions, compensation analysis and generally providing expertise and guidance to hiring managers throughout the full cycle of the hiring process.
• Develop and maintain relationships with staffing agencies, local universities and community organizations to source and attract diverse and qualified applicants to join Energy Trust.
• Manage the onboarding program to equip, train and integrate new employees into the Energy Trust work environment and culture.
• Send out annual employee surveys to all employees and develop new employee surveys as needed. Suggest new and innovative ways to engage employees based on feedback.
• Provide an overview of benefits and manage the enrollment process for all new hires. Support the annual benefit renewal project alongside the HR Manager. This includes making recommendations to leadership on potential changes to our benefit package based on expertise and employee feedback.
• Responsible for employee benefits administration including processing enrollment changes, reconciling and processing monthly invoices, answering benefit related questions, assisting employees with any claim issues and coordinating the annual open enrollment process.
• Assist with administration of the annual performance management process, including communicating deadlines and tracking documentation to ensure compliance.
• Assist the HR team in optimizing the HR team’s utilization of technology including the HRIS, self-service functionality for employees and managers, mobile applications, the HR intranet page on SharePoint, and other related HR systems and applications.
• Manage the annual organization’s online training calendar and make recommendations annually based on work plans, engagement survey results, or other resources that identify skill gaps across the organization.
• Ensure HR operations are in compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
• Draft and deliver human resources communications to internal and external staff members and stakeholders.
• Answer employee questions regarding the employee handbook and HR policies. Make recommendations, draft and/or provide input when creating or editing existing policies.
• Ongoing development and maintenance of the HR section of the intranet.
• Manage all aspects of the employee leave process, including OFLA, FMLA, STD, and LTD. Support ADA requests and accommodations.
• Generate standard and custom HR reports as needed.
• Manage staff events including summer and winter social functions.
• Regularly review employee suggestions and make recommendations to the HR Manager for appropriate follow-up.
• Document and regularly update standard operating procedures related to day-to-day administration of the HR function.
• Lead and/or actively participate in HR projects including those related to diversity and inclusion, automating/streamlining processes, employee engagement and compliance.
• Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
• No direct supervisory responsibility.
• May supervise Interns and contractors on an ad hoc basis.
• Act as point of contact and provide direction to HR contractors and staffing agencies.
• Bachelor degree in Human Resources, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
• PHR or SPHR certification is preferred, not required.
• 5 years of relevant experience as an HR generalist.
• 3 years of compensation administration experience with strong experience in federal and state pay equity laws and regulations.
• Comprehensive practical working knowledge of all applicable federal and state employment laws.
• HRIS experience. Experience with ADP’s Workforce Now system is required.
• Proficiency using MS business applications including MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience working with Sharepoint is a plus.
• Advanced excel experience is required.
• Customer service orientation. Approachable and responsive to all employees. Willingness to collaborate with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to build strong working relationships with all staff members and provide expert HR support as a valued business partner.
• Ability to manage HR process improvement projects and serve as an active participant on cross-functional project teams. Must be able to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
• Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
• Competitive benefits package.
• Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume and application (found on Energy Trust’s website www.energytrust.org/About/careers) to email@example.com.
Attn: Human Resources Generalist
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion
in the workplace.
Complete details: https://www.energytrust.org/about/careers/