Post Date: 02/03/2020
Close Date: 02/28/2020
Full Time, Full Benefits
Our shelter residential facility is seeking to hire a Bilingual Program Director to provide leadership to their program. The Program Director is responsible for the overall management of the programmatic, administrative, financial, and operational systems related to the provision of care and services for youth; provision of regular and timely reports to Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) regarding operations, services, and finances; establishing a respective and supportive workplace environment; and elevating any issues or concerns to the Morrison Division Director and ORR Project Officer. This position works out of Portland, Oregon in a residential facility for immigrant youth services.
Shelter is well equipped to comfortably care and provide support for up to 50 youth at a time. Through our residential facility, the youth have access to education, case management, medical and mental health services onsite. The program serves adolescent boys and girls, (13 – 17 years of age) The youth primarily arrive from Latin American countries, occasionally from other areas such as South East Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa. This program facilitates safe reunification of children with sponsors/family members.
Program Director Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Monitors the annual operating budget of the shelter
• Assures that program contract is adhered to and program guidelines are followed
• Communicates effectively with Division Director regularly by means of written and oral reports about the fiscal, legal, and programmatic aspects of the program
• Ensures that program is fulfilling the agency’s mission and offers recommendations to Division Director to ensure the programs continued success
• Provides direct supervision to upper level management and oversees the administrative functions related to shelter program
• Serves as a program resource in daily program operations as well as clinical and administrative decision making
The ideal candidate will be familiar with mental health and social services delivery systems for minors receiving services via ORR and will be comfortable working in a diverse environment. Must be comfortable working in a regulated environment; and work within the parameters of program licensing guidelines. Leadership skills, strong work ethic, and an eye for quality improvement, are crucial qualities for this position.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Master’s degree in social work or an equivalent degree in education, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science degree OR bachelor’s degree plus 5 years’ experience in child welfare administration and/or child protective services
• 2 years of experience in program management or as a director of a licensed child care program
• Bilingual in English and Spanish, and culturally competent in Latin American culture is preferred
• Must pass DHS criminal background check
• Must meet agency’s driving requirement
• This position requires ORR approval; exceptions to the minimum qualifications require ORR’s explicit written approval prior to hire and ORR may require supervision plans and additional training
This position requires ORR approval; exceptions to the minimum qualifications require ORR’s explicit written approval prior to hire and ORR may require supervision plans and additional training.
Starting Pay Range:
Bilingual (Spanish) Program Director: $33.16 - $35.31
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
•Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
•Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
•Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
•Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
•Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
•Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
•Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
About our City:
Portland, OR is art friendly, a food lover's dream, and has miles of gorgeous hiking trails and is but an hour plus from the ocean beaches and mountains.
Click here to apply:
***If viewing job through a website without enabled link: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Program Director, ORR” and click: "Apply for Job"
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/program-director-bilingual/