Post Date: 10/28/2019
Close Date: 11/18/2019
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Developer with PowerBuilder experience to join an excellent team, lead PowerBuilder development efforts and work to advance their IT operations.
What you will do!
As a Senior Developer, you will support the Oregon Access and TRACS Case Management applications. You will provide high quality expertise and leadership to analyze, plan, develop, integrate and implement the operations, maintenance and new enhancement for these systems. You will also assist in the transition of legacy PowerBuilder applications to a Microsoft ASP .Net MVC Core and SQL Server environment.
In this role, you will have frequent contact with vendors to assess new technology and with contracted personnel to provide oversight, negotiate contract modifications and analyze compliance with contract specifications.
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
The Oregon Health Authority is committed to developing and promoting culturally and linguistically appropriate programs and a diverse and inclusive workforce representing the diversity, culture, strengths and values of the people of Oregon. Click here, to learn more about OHA’s mission, vision and core values. OHA is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information or any other protected class under state or federal law.
What we are looking for:
• (a) Six (6) years of information systems experience with Object Oriented Software Development and Enterprise Level Relational Database Analysis. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND Four (4) years of information systems experience with Object Oriented Software Development and Enterprise Level Relational Database Analysis. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND Two (2) years of information systems experience with Object Oriented Software Development and Enterprise Level Relational Database Analysis. OR (d) A Master's degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Experience with the following:
o Microsoft technologies to include ASP .Net MVC Core, SQL Server, Azure DevOps Services
o RESTful web services
o Migration of enterprise-level legacy applications to modern technologies
• Experience with Object Oriented Software Development and Enterprise Level Relational Database Analysis
• Knowledge or experience with the following:
o Appeon PowerBuilder
o PowerBuilder Interfaces to Mainframe environments
o Stored Procedures with PowerBuilder
o Unix Scripting
o Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
o Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise or Microsoft SQL Server
o Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere or SQL Anywhere used for remote devices
• Sybase Mobilink or other software used to synchronize to mobile devices. Experience with Waterfall or Agile Software Development Methodologies.
• Experience in structured design and development on multiple technology platforms.
• IT Project Management experience.
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.