Post Date: 09/14/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Developer with Business Intelligence experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Business Systems Developer, you will have extensive involvement in Application Development, reporting, and BI visualizations. In addition to application development, you will be responsible for supporting enterprise-wide tools including planning, design, installation, maintenance and end user inquiries and issues.
In this role, you will analyze, plan, develop, integrate, implement and coordinate projects and activities that support operations, maintenance, installation and construction of custom systems.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Systems Developer with Business Intelligence experience, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
This position will be located in Portland at 800 NE Oregon Street.
(a) Five (5) years of information systems experience in Software Development.
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Software Development.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Software Development.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Knowledge of Software Development technology stacks such as, .NET, IIS, Apache, JIRA, SVN, SQL Server or Sybase
• Working knowledge of modern relational database design, modeling, manipulation and reporting tools such as, SSIS, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Tableau or Power BI.
• Ability to resolve technical issues over the phone or in person.
• Must be able to maintain applications in at least one modern programming language.
• Knowledge in the following areas:
o Systems components, capabilities and interrelationships of infrastructure and applications.
o Data collection techniques, feasibility study methods and cost/benefit analysis procedures.
o Project planning and coordination.
o Business analysis and research.
o Information systems analysis, design and data management concepts.
o Information systems operating software and operating system language.
o Hardware configuration.
o Testing, troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques.
o Systems analysis.
• Willingness and ability to learn, understand and use the organizations agreed to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Multi-tasking abilities and willingness take on multiple competing priorities.
• Willingness to participate in continuing skills training and education programs as needed.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.