Post Date: 09/17/2019
Close Date: 10/31/2019
Mental Health Therapist – Counterpoint
Part-Time, Pro-rated Benefits
20 hours per week
The Mental Health Therapist position for Counterpoint Outpatient (CPOP) provides outpatient mental health services for youth with sexual behavior problems, and their families. Treatment may include assessments, individual, group and/or family therapy, and case management as needed.
This position is responsible for maintaining the clinical record for each client and ensuring that the clinical record meets all compliance standards. Therapists will be joining a multi-disciplinary team, and as part of the larger organization, employees of Morrison share a commitment to trauma informed care.
The ideal candidate will understand and utilize DSM V Diagnostic Criteria. They’ll have knowledge of developmental needs of children and adolescents ranging from 6-18 years of age; and have the ability to work with diverse populations in a variety of environments.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
• Focuses on client engagement and maintains regular contact with the client, family, and other established service providers. Proactively manages a client caseload to meet clinical, community, and business needs.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the local mental health system and collaborates with partners to include the following: Juvenile Courts, Coordinated Care Organizations, Department of Human Services, Wraparound facilitators, school districts, hospitals, and other providers.
• Performs a wide array of therapeutic services in clinics and could also include schools, community and correctional settings. Completes all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal and organizational requirements. Maintains concurrent documentation of client records in an electronic health record system.
• Meets expectations for timely documentation and billable client time.
• Provides case management and coordinates referrals to community resources. Assists clients with completion of necessary paperwork to facilitate access to services and funding sources essential to completion of the established plan of care to include: social security, Oregon health plan, specific program scholarships, etc.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field required
• Two years of direct treatment experience in a mental health setting
• Meets QMHP requirements under State of Oregon Administrative Rules required
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred
• Must pass DHS criminal history check
• May require working outside regularly scheduled hours to meet program needs
Starting Pay Range:
Mental Health Therapist: $19.36-$22.99
Mental Health Therapist (Bilingual): $21.10-$25.06
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply
If viewing the job post through a website without enabled links, please visit https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ select the job title “Mental Health Therapist – Counterpoint" and click: "APPLY FOR JOB!"
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Mental Health Therapist – Counterpoint
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/mental-health-therapist-counterpoint/