Post Date: 05/08/2020
Close Date: 05/31/2020
We are looking for talented and qualified Accounting individuals for an opportunity in our Cost Accounting Department within Strategic Finance.
Bring your financial expertise to this role where your responsibilities will include:
• Specific general or cost accounting activities or functions which can include the preparation, review, analysis, and verification of Corporate GAAP and statutory financial statements and regulatory reports, the review and analysis of cost allocations in compliance with CAS, development of policies and procedures in support of company’s internal controls, account and report reconciliations, and development of internal and external accounting reports, including audit schedules and support.
• Providing support and coordination for the operation of complex financial systems to ensure accuracy, integrity and consistency. May provide ad-hoc assistance, training and guidance to departmental staff.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
• The Cost Accountant III will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
• Leadership abilities such as managing projects, training staff, and leading cross-functional teams.
• Above average ability working with complex PC systems both as currently used by the Company and alternative industry standards.
• Ability to think analytically and to make sound judgments from analysis.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels in the work force.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize own work, projects and the work of others in the department, with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of staff and management.
• Ability to work flexible hours as required.
• Ability to research and prepare ad-hoc reports.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Complete details: https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/26797/cost-accountant/job