Post Date: 03/04/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Are you looking for the perfect caseload management job, one where you get to focus on a very small caseload?
If so, United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) might have the job for you! UCP is one of the 100 Best Non-Profit Employers in Oregon, and we offer great benefits, paid sabbatical for managers, and plenty of opportunities for growth and fun.
We’re currently seeking an “Assistant Team Leader” who will work in our Supported Living department. You will assist approximately 5 adults who experience various disabilities to live independently in their own houses and apartments. You’ll be part of a close-knit, diverse team, and will get to make a difference every day!
• Support a caseload of approximately 5 adults. Create and oversee their plans and associated documentation. Manage their health needs (coordinating doctor’s appointments and addressing health concerns), and assist with finances (paying bills, banking, and budgeting). Provide life coaching. Assist with errands and occasional personal care support.
• Supervise approximately 8 direct support professionals who work in the homes of the people on your caseload.
• Assist the Team Leader to lead the team (facilitating meetings, directing employees, and assisting with problem-solving).
• Serve as part of the department’s management team (reviewing documentation, solving problems, and training new employees).
• Occasionally serve in an on-call capacity (4-5 weeks per year), responding to critical issues and emergencies.
Hours & Location:
• Your schedule will be reasonably flexible and self-directed, but will typically be Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm, with occasional evenings and weekends when you have on-call responsibilities (4-5 weeks per year).
• You’ll work at our office in NE Portland about 60% of the time, and will spend about 40% of your time working in the community, as you support your caseload, and interact with your employees.
• $32,335 annual salary; exempt from overtime. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 4 weeks paid time off, rising to 5 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 8 paid holidays off per year.
• 1 paid day off for each week you are on-call (4-5 days a year).
• Mileage and expense reimbursement.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Paid 8-week sabbatical after 10 years of service.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• A Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year direct human service job experience (working with people who have disabilities, seniors, at-risk youth, or other under-represented populations), or a high school diploma/GED and 2 years direct human service job experience.
• Able to drive on the job which means that you are at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance company), have a reliable personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, at least 3 years driving experience, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Able to pass a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50 lbs., and a criminal history background check.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and lead other employees.
• Demonstrated experience balancing multiple work demands.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and make strategic decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, relate, and connect to people within a diverse workforce.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Assistant Team Leader (Developmental Disabilities)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• Applicants that do not include a cover letter, will not be considered for the position.
• Applicants are encouraged to apply early because they will be considered as soon as they apply.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/AEED613105