Post Date: 03/07/2019
Close Date: 04/15/2019
Bilingual Case Manager
Full Time, Full Benefits
The Case Manager is responsible for assessing the needs of each assigned child. The Case Manager completes extensive paperwork required by the contract, conducts screenings and assessments, and works with all external partners involved, including government agencies and consulate officials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains case file documentation in accordance with ORR requirements
• Adheres to confidentiality standards set forth, when gathering, documenting, consulting or consolidating information necessary for the case management assessment and the plan of care
• Ensures regular contact with each child’s family when possible, and established service providers to communicate case planning and progress
• Gather historical and current data relative to completion of a comprehensive case management assessment including, but not limited to, school records, medical records, mental health treatment, legal status and court involvement, social and family strengths and needs, support systems, and specific cultural issues
About the Program:
Our Long Term Group Home provides services to up 20 adolescents at one time (ages 14-17 years old) in a co-ed residential facility setting. The youth, typically from Latin America and occasionally other countries live in our Long-Term Group Home, while they await family reunification or other placement options. They attend public school and other community activities.
Education and Work Experience:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
• Bachelor’s degree in the behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields
• Must be able communicate effectively in Spanish with government and consulate officials
• Child welfare and/or case management experience is strongly encouraged.
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meet agency driving requirements.
• Travel between program locations
• Language testing, if applicable
Starting Pay Rate:
Bilingual (Spanish) Case Manager: $20.33 - $20.81
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve
Click here to apply:
***If viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Case Manager-Group Home” and click: “APPLY NOW!”
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/case-manager-bilingual/