Post Date: 10/03/2019
Close Date: 10/27/2019
Oregon State University Ecampus, a division within Oregon State University (OSU), is seeking a content marketing manager. This is a full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, fixed-term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Director.
Oregon State University Ecampus is a fast-growing, innovative organization with a commitment to providing access to Oregon State University’s programs of excellence. The content marketing manager is a member of the marketing and enrollment services team within the division. This position reports to the assistant director of marketing and is a critical member of the creative services team, supporting marketing and communications strategies that promote the goals of the division and its programs.
The content marketing manager serves as the lead strategist for all OSU Ecampus marketing content needs across channels including print, digital, social, email and more. This position leads content-driven strategy, helping to tell the OSU Ecampus brand story in a compelling way that offers value to target audiences. This person will work with leadership to create a content strategy for the broad marketing efforts and work closely with OSU Ecampus marketing managers to plan and implement strategies that help build awareness and drive enrollment of various degree programs delivered online.
The content marketing manager serves as a project manager for many content-related projects. This position relies heavily upon excellent organizational skills and the ability to track, manage and adapt to a fast-paced work environment, balancing competing needs of other marketing professionals on the team and various stakeholders. The content marketing manager is in charge of creating and maintaining editorial calendars and tracking ROI on content assets as well as identifying gaps in content and recommending solutions. This position will take a lead role in managing video/multimedia marketing content, including setting a strategy for video content, managing the intake of requests, working collaboratively with videographers and video editors and facilitating feedback. This position will serve as a content creator, developing content (e.g. writing stories, ad copy, articles) for Ecampus.
Oregon State Ecampus and the University as a whole is committed to maintaining and enhancing a collaborative and inclusive community that strives for equity and equal opportunity. All employees of the division are responsible for helping to ensure that these commitments are achieved. The content marketing manager will work to ensure content marketing assets are inclusive to all, including meeting accessibility standards as well as representing the diverse range of identities of online adult learners across the world in an effort to promote and enhance diversity.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications/ business or a field relevant to duties outlined in the position description
• Three years of professional marketing and communications experience, including leading content strategy
• Experience with content management systems tools (e.g. WordPress, AirTable)
• Three years of demonstrated experience in content creation, including copywriting, editing and creating and/or managing digital content assets (e.g. writing stories/articles, developing creative briefs, scripting and interviewing).
• Two years of project management experience, including demonstrated success and willingness to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
• Basic understanding of design and brand principles and ability to apply brand guidelines as related to the development of marketing materials
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
• A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development in communications, marketing or a related field
• Experience with marketing and media management processes and tools (e.g., Basecamp, Hootsuite) and customer relationship management tools (e.g. Salesforce)
• Experience working in a higher education setting and/or with the nontraditional student population
• Experience with data analysis and data-driven decision making, specifically in the area of marketing and content assets, and ability to extract value from reporting tools
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
To view the position details and to apply please go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/83629
Complete details: http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/83629