Post Date: 05/05/2020
Close Date: 05/31/2020
Full-Time, Full Benefits
(3 Open Positions)
Job Req: 1202
Our Parent Mentor program is looking for mothers to serve as mentors to Child Welfare-involved mothers in Washington County.
This position requires lived experience, including personal experience and knowledge of substance abuse and a minimum 2 years in an active program of recovery.
The Parent Mentor program matches Parent Mentors who have a past history of addiction and involvement with DHS Child Welfare with parents currently entering the Child Welfare system due to substance abuse.
The goal of the program is to support each parent’s recovery as they work toward the ultimate goal of being reunited with their children. Parent Mentors are, first and foremost, role models demonstrating the possibility of change and a healthy life as a parent in recovery.
Parent Mentors provide system navigation based on a combination of their personal experience and professional training provided by Parents Anonymous. Empowering and coaching parents through their case with DHS, supporting them at Family Decision Meetings and court hearings, and providing support for other mentors on the team are important aspects of this work.
Due to program needs our focus is to find mothers to fill this position, however all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
This position will work out of the Beaverton clinic.
Primary duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a trusting relationship with assigned parents by providing regular contact and support, including attending court and/or meetings with DHS when requested by parents
• Communicate positively and professionally with DHS staff and work collaboratively to support families in assigned county
• Support parents in developing positive parenting skills and making healthy choices
Schedule: Monday through Friday, typical 8-hour shifts hours between 7AM-7:30PM. Weekends off!
Program: Parents Anonymous of Oregon
Perks and Benefits: Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Access to employee resource groups and much more!
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Personal experience and knowledge of substance use and recovery
• Minimum 2 years in active program of recovery from using alcohol and other drugs required
• Personal experience of a DHS Child Welfare case required, closed for a minimum of 1 year
• High School Diploma or GED or high school level writing and reading skills
• Experience supporting other men & women in recovery
Valued, but not required:
• Experience being sponsored in the 12 Step community
• Knowledge of treatment and community resources
• Certified Recovery Mentor certificate through MHACBO
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Position requires personal transportation allowing for travel within the assigned counties in a timely manner. If driving a personal vehicle for work purposes must have and maintain a valid driver’s license for state of residency, personal auto liability insurance at $100,000/$100,000 level, and a driving record permitting coverage under corporate auto liability policy
• Must pass a criminal history check
Starting Pay Range:
Parent Mentor: $15.00 - $15.95
Parent Mentor Bilingual (Spanish): $16.35 - $17.39
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Parent Mentor – Columbia County” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We'll keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position