Post Date: 02/05/2019
Close Date: 02/14/2019
The College of Education (COE) at Portland State University is seeking a 1.0 FTE 9-month, non-tenure-track Early Childhood Education faculty with a continuous appointment at the Assistant Professor of Practice level in the Department of Curriculum & Instruction, starting September 16, 2019. Various assignments for non-tenure-track instructional faculty include instruction, supporting scholarly activities, and service to the University, community, and profession. Expectations for the position are summarized in the position description and will be the principal components upon which annual review will be based.
- Doctorate in curriculum and instruction, child development, or other related education fields, with a focus on early childhood education and development.
- 3 years minimum teaching experience in early childhood settings.
- 2 years full-time (or equivalent) teaching adults in fully online and hybrid learning formats.
- Experience, knowledge, and commitment to online teaching formats using a constructivist, anti-bias, and inclusive pedagogy.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of Infant/Toddler Mental Health (ITMH) and early childhood education, including child development, equity, culture, and leadership issues.
- Commitment to inclusive education and constructivist approaches to early childhood teacher education guided by social justice values.
- Experience and ability in developing online classes.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Skills in seeking program grants, program development, knowledge of the early childhood field and systems in Oregon and nationally, and access to relevant professional networks.
- Experience teaching graduate students.
- Experience with cohort and/or program leadership.
- Experience working across interdisciplinary environments.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Long Tran 503-725-4684 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete details: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/28975