Post Date: 04/01/2019
Close Date: 04/16/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Project Coordinator to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an IT Project Coordinator, you will support one or more projects within the Project Solutions team. You will coordinate multiple projects or parts of large projects depending on scope and complexity.
In this role, you will have frequent contact with stakeholders and internal staff to provide project progress, monitor work, resolve issues, gain commitment, and collaborate to achieve project objectives. You will work closely with the project manager responsible for projects assigned and in collaboration with project staff.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are interested in becoming our new IT Project Coordinator, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Three (3) years of technical-level administrative experience such as administrative or research assistant. At least one of the required years must have included project coordination or administration. OR An Oregon Project Management Associate Certification OR A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration or a closely related field.
• Hands-on progressively responsible experience managing technology projects.
• Ability to follow industry standards, particularly PMI (PMBOK).
• At least one year of experience using Microsoft Project Schedule to create and manage fully loaded project schedules and outline project work efforts.
• Demonstrated skill in coordinating project activities through the various lifecycle phases (initiating, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing).
• Experience in project management practices with an ability to contribute and make updates to fundamental project artifacts (project charters, schedules, plans, issues and risk logs, and status reports).
• Experience with Federal and State compliance reporting (Advanced Planning Documents, Project Closure, State CIO, Legislative and other Federal partner reporting).
• Proficiency in facilitating meetings and conversations with an ability to articulate expected outcomes.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Experience using Microsoft SharePoint.
• Experience using Microsoft Visio.
• Additional skills and experience in the following areas:
o Leading meetings to gather input and/or explain goals, processes, plans, and status.
o Reviewing project deliverables.
o Verifying that project artifacts are completed as scheduled.
o Reporting project status to appropriate stakeholders.
o Stakeholder management in a complex environment with interdependent decisions.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.