Post Date: 06/09/2020
Close Date: 07/10/2020
ABOUT MERCY CORPS
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
The People and Strategy Team ensures that Mercy Corps has the people, strategies and learning that will enable it to be a world-class, cutting edge, humanitarian organization, creating transformational change in the world. We do this through: the recruitment, retention and development of the best global talent. Our aim is to drive strategic thinking and planning at all levels of the organization; create a robust body of research to guide us internally and externally and steward the organizational culture. To achieve this we align conversations on learning; keep the organization focused on what has the greatest impact; leverage our comparative advantages in the crowded and competitive international relief and development landscape; and assure we are constantly learning from our work and the external environment.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
The Administrative Assistant - Global Total Rewards is responsible for supporting the administrative responsibilities of Mercy Corps’ global Total Rewards portfolio, ensuring Mercy Corps Total Rewards meet the unique support needs of team members in 40+ global locations. The Administrative Assistant - GTR supports all compensation, benefits and wellness programs for US-based and international expatriate staff. This individual will support the Manager - Global Total Rewards by administering Total Rewards strategies and programs that are aligned and integrated with business plans, which will enhance our talent attraction, retention, performance, and development initiatives globally. This position will also support Mercy Corps’ compensation and benefit programs through consistently applying and administering internal policies and government regulations with a strong diversity and equity lens. A key element of this role focuses on building, maintaining and strengthening relationships as well as an integrated and strong service delivery model.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Consistently demonstrates flexibility, resilience and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure, even under difficult circumstances.
● Promote Mercy Corps’ culture by promoting the development and advancement of ideas which allows for innovative approaches to problem-solving within existing policy and procedural requirements.
● Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
● Demonstrate an awareness of one’s personal strengths and development needs.
• Assist with developing global compensation policies aligning with Mercy Corps principles of equity.
• Provide administration and support for base pay and bonus programs globally, including merit pay, bonus plans, promotions and salary changes.
• Conduct job evaluation and evaluate new position descriptions/classifications for FLSA implications using market data and internal evaluations.
• Support department leaders, HR Officers, and recruiters with compensation-related matters such as benchmarking, job offers, promotions and internal transfers.
• Contribute to Affirmative Action plan activities.
• Administer and support all US based and international expatriate team member benefits programs, including medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, retirement, expatriate benefits, and voluntary benefits.
• Provide first-level support concerning benefits to managers and employees in an effective, efficient and engaging manner.
• Reconcile and process all benefits related invoices for approval and payment. Ensures timely payment to vendors, initiates monthly reconciliation of benefit plan deductions by validating/correcting inaccuracies between HRIS and vendor systems.
• Update, maintain and or monitor benefit changes (self-service and manual) within the HRIS system.
• Liaise or assist team members with challenges as they relate to accessing benefits vendor systems.
• Process leaves of absence including: assist team members with questions on eligibility, track leave time, send notices, escalate complex leave questions, and coordinate payroll and disability pay processing.
• Provide census and audit support on quarterly and annual basis.
• Assist HR Officers with COBRA processing and questions.
• Process insurance enrollments and changes for all assigned benefits.
• Process and track all workers compensation, short-term disability and long-term disability claims. Liaise between team member and provider to facilitate timely and accurate adjudication.
• Contribute to and provide coordination and support for the annual Benefits Fair and any other benefits related events.
• Support the annual benefit renewal process with Mercy Corps’ insurance brokers and the larger People Team.
• Escalate team member benefit issues with Mercy Corps’ insurance vendors as needed. Coordinate appropriate follow up with department leadership.
• Provide responses to state unemployment inquiries.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
● Minimum of 1-2 years of human resources operations experience, preferably including work with administering total rewards and benefits programs.
● Strong analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills, effective organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication, and highly evolved interpersonal skills.
● Demonstrated history of superior customer service, a high level of attention to detail and time management, sensitivity to team members’ personal situations, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
● Demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex, multi-step projects and procedures consistently.
● Ability to work independently and take initiative.
● Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain composure in stressful situations.
● Proven ability to originate, maintain and audit records.
● Familiarity with employee benefit, wellness and compensation program designs.
● Familiarity with US labor, leave and benefit laws and employer compliance requirements.
● Proven experience and intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suites.
● HIPAA compliance training or certification preferred.
● Multilingual is a plus; especially French, Spanish or Arabic proficiency.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Global Manager - Total Rewards
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Global Human Resources, Global Talent and other People, Strategy and Technology team members; Corporate Finance; Global Regional Directors and Teams, etc.
YOUR SUCCESS FACTORS
The successful team member will be an avid learner, self-directed, innovative and action orientated. Furthermore, they must have the ability to work independently, employ effective time management skills, handle frequent interruptions and shift priorities, exhibit effective customer service skills and work effectively with a wide variety of individuals including team members based overseas. They will have the ability to work onsite and collaborate with team members, deliver compelling designs within the guidelines of specific project objectives and interact professionally and productively with HQ and other global staff. Additionally, the individual will thrive in a fast-paced environment prone to rapid change and be willing to increase their responsibility level in the assigned areas. The most successful Mercy Corps team members have a positive approach, a strong commitment to teamwork and personal accountability and the ability to be flexible and ensure that effective communication is a priority in all situations.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Complete details: http://app.jobvite.com/m?3yCQ1lwR