Post Date: 11/12/2019
Close Date: 12/06/2019
Oregon Law Center (OLC) seeks a Director of Operations to be based in the statewide administration office in Portland, Oregon. OLC is a legal services program committed to achieving justice for the low-income communities of Oregon by providing a full range of the highest quality civil legal services. OLC does not receive funding from the federal Legal Services Corporation. OLC operates eleven offices around the state. It also has a litigation support unit, legislative advocacy unit, and statewide farmworker program. OLC works closely with Legal Aid Services of Oregon and other partners in Oregon’s coordinated civil legal services delivery system.
Responsibilities: As a member of OLC’s executive leadership team, the Director of Operations will be responsible for aligning OLC’s operations with its strategic vision and legal advocacy. Providing key support to the Executive Director, the Director of Operations will also collaborate closely with the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Human Resources, and the Director of Litigation to provide statewide leadership for OLC’s offices and support the organization through growth and change. Directing both assigned staff and multiple contractors, this position has wide-ranging responsibility for a number of areas that are critical to OLC’s success, including information technology, office systems management, pro bono programs, oversight of grants and management reports, and union relations. The Director of Operations will oversee major activities including significant technology upgrades, office moves, and other new initiatives, and will help the Executive Director develop statewide policies and guidance.
The Director of Operations must be a skilled communicator and leader; be good at problem-solving and thinking strategically; have the capacity to manage and supervise employees and contractors; be adept at anticipating future trends; know how to both model and require accountability; and have the emotional skills to manage conflict successfully. The Director of Operations should have a practical mindset and enjoy tackling logistics challenges.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Overseeing the organization’s information technology services
• Developing and implementing statewide pro bono strategies in conjunction with local OLC offices, partnering closely with LASO’s statewide pro bono manager
• Collaborating with other members of statewide leadership on issues related to OLC’s system for intake, case management, conflicts, and timekeeping
• Overseeing and coordinating office leases, contracts, and insurance
• Providing statewide coordination for office safety committees
• Overseeing statewide grant applications and reporting
• Leading OLC’s labor-management relations and activities
• Assisting the executive director with statewide coordination, strategic planning, board relations, and policy development and updates
• Assisting with financial forecasting and budget preparation and management, and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Any combination of expertise and education sufficient to handle most of the business operations described above
• Demonstrated leadership ability with strong interpersonal communications skills
• A high degree of initiative and willingness to work collaboratively, a sense of humor, and a positive attitude
• Demonstrated commitment to justice for low-income communities
• Experience managing large-scale projects
• Management training and/or experience
• Personal experience with issues our clients face, including poverty, disabilities, racial discrimination, gender bias, or any other minority status or affiliation
How To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and list of references to Monica Goracke, firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until December 6, 2019.
OLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a healthy and inclusive work environment for a diverse staff. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and communities to apply.