Post Date: 06/24/2019
Close Date: 09/20/2019
At Ride Connection we’re passionate about moving people. Transportation lies at the heart of equity, allowing people access to the things they need to survive and thrive. Last year we provided over half a million free rides for older adults, people with disabilities, low-income individuals, rural residents and general public. We have built and continue to develop programs that allow us to provide the best option for each individual, suited to their level of need.
The controller position is a confidential position who is accountable for certain fiscal operations of the company. Responsibilities include:
• Preparation of periodic financial reports
• Maintenance of an strong internal control system
• Compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and federal cost principles.
• Preparation and monitoring of project and organizational budget
• Financial analysis
• Contract management and project forecasting
• Payroll processing
• Accounts receivable and accounts payable
Ride Connection is a nonprofit agency serving a diverse population. We place a high emphasis on diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Staff and volunteers are valued for the experience and unique viewpoints they bring to the job. Excellent benefits and generous paid time off.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience. CPA preferred
• Knowledgeable and experienced with federal cost principles
• Knowledgeable and experienced with fund and functional accounting principles
• Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
• Experience managing processes and policies
• Experience in developing standards and/or metrics
• At least one year supervisory experience with managing employee work assignments, work evaluation, problem resolution, motivation and development
• Proven working experience within an accounting/fiscal department, within a management position
• Experience with government and foundation grants and transportation preferred
• Experience within the transportation field
• Experience working with older adults and people with disabilities
• Experience and passion working for a Non-Profit organization
If you are ready for the challenge of leading the Fiscal Team, join our team. Please visit www.rideconnection.org for an application and job description. In order to be considered for this position, you must submit an application, cover letter and a resume. For additional information or to submit your material, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is an exempt position, with partial paid benefits for employees and their families. Compensation is $75,000 to $90,000 per year, depending on experience. This position is open until filled
Ride Connection shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ride Connection take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Complete details: https://rideconnection.org/about-us/careers