Post Date: 03/07/2019
Close Date: 04/15/2019
Foster Care Coordinator / Certifier
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Code: FCC-726
Morrison’s Therapeutic Foster Care has an open job opportunity! We’d like a Foster Care Coordinator/ Certifier to join our team. This is a rewarding position, the Foster Care/Certifier plays an integral role in providing homes for children in our community. The Foster Care Coordinator/ Certifier will be charged with assessing and preparing families for foster care certification. The position provides support to foster parents by engaging with potential applicants/families for our various foster care programs; all which are integrated with treatment services and programs offered by Morrison and community providers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Participate, collaborate and provide foster parent recruitment, training, supervision and ongoing support to new and recertifying foster families for Morrison foster care programs.
• Assess applicant’s/foster parent’s capacity to be trauma-informed in working with clients with severe mental health.
• Collaborate with Certification Department and Program Managers to practice open communication, consultation, support, and program management.
• Conduct foster parent certifications and annual re-certifications, supervision, and retention of foster homes; schedule program specific monthly home visits.
• Manage inquiries regarding Foster Parenting, including the timely follow up of inquiries and provide a general evaluation of interested applicants.
The ideal candidate will have reliable transportation as there is frequent travel and employee will perform duties at different agency locations, foster homes, and service areas. Travel may be required from Portland Metro Counties, and Linn, Benton, and Lincoln counties.
They will maintain effective working relationships with agency employees at all levels and the public. Will have the ability to adapt to changing circumstances while maintaining professionalism and engage in continuous learning to gain new skills and abilities while addressing new challenges. Must be willing to work with diverse cultures/communities with varying beliefs, values, and languages
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• A bachelor’s degree in human services or related field
• Two year’s experience in related field or equivalent experience upholding policies and compliance standards
• Basic computer skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets and email
• Knowledge of non-profit social services
Knowledge of electronic health records
• Foster Care Experience
• Bilingual, ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and a culturally competent manner
• Must pass a criminal history check
• Language testing if applicable
• Must meet agency driving requirements
• Position may require employee to work irregular hours outside of the normal business hours including evenings and weekends.
• Must have the ability and flexibility to work a varying schedule and have reliable transportation to travel for work between Portland Metro, Linn, Benton, and Lincoln counties.
Starting Pay Range:
Foster Care Coordinator / Certifier: $18.87 - $19.30
Bilingual (Spanish) Foster Care Coordinator / Certifier: $20.19 -$20.66
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for all of our clients the clients we serve.
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code "FCC-726" in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you're applying for the Foster Care Coordinator/ Certifier position
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
The position will remain open until enough qualified applicants have responded.
We Strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/foster-care-certifier/