Post Date: 10/28/2019
Close Date: 11/20/2019
Deadline to apply: November 20, 2019
Salary: $99,947 to $141,968 annually
Metro's Finance and Regulatory Services Department is seeking an experienced account professional to join our team as our Controller. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, managing, and directing the financial accounting and reporting operations, fiscal staff, and multiple distinct financial functions for the Metro organization.
The Controller is responsible for the management, direction, and integration of comprehensive accounting services related to the financial administration of Metro's governmental operations, including the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other financial accounting and financial reporting functions. This position develops and implements comprehensive accounting and financial policies and procedures, analyzes and recommends solutions to highly complex accounting problems, and ensures a rigorous system of internal controls. The Controller will continue the accomplished track record of the function, which has received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for twenty-seven consecutive years.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing high-end accounting guidance and establishing systems to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. Our next controller will be able to:
• thrive in a fast paced dynamic work environment while maintaining a high-level of attention to detail.
• proactively review and improve accounting policies, practices, and procedures to ensure both compliance and effective agency operations.
• function efficiently in a political environment, providing information and outstanding customer service to a wide range of people, organizations and groups.
Metro is a regional government that serves more than 1.5 million people in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties. The agency's boundary encompasses Portland, Oregon and 23 other cities in the region, providing a wide-range of services from solid waste regulation to operating the Oregon Zoo to planning for regional population growth to managing 17,000 acres of natural areas. The Finance and Regulatory Services (FRS) department is critical for the success of Metro; the approximately 50 FTE in FRS provides budgeting, accounting, financial planning, risk management, procurement, and payroll services for the agency.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Five years leading or supervising people and
• A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field and
• Two years project management in accounting and financial statement preparation
• Or any combination of education and experience that would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and financial statement preparation
• CPA designation
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
In addition to the required electronic application and answers to the supplemental questions, please include a resume and cover letter. Applications that do not include a resume, cover letter, and answers to the supplemental questions will not be considered.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs