Post Date: 05/21/2020
Close Date: 06/02/2020
Job number: REQ-40808
Salary: $3117 - $4514 monthly
This is a full-time, permanent classified position and is represented by a union.
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), HIV, STD and TB Section in Portland, OR is recruiting for an HIV Community Services Program Assistant to provide comprehensive administrative services to support the program goals and objectives of the HIV Community Services Program.
What will you do?
As the HIV Community Services Program Assistant, you will provide comprehensive administrative services which support program and fiscal goals and objectives for the HIV Community Services Program, which includes the Oregon Housing Opportunities in Partnership (OHOP) Program, the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and Ryan White Part B Case Management. You will coordinate fiscal processes such as auditing financial assistance requests, requesting and tracking expenditures, ordering check requests, and resolving billing issues. You will collect and report client-related data, ensure accuracy and completeness of data, and evaluate improvements. You will review internal and external program documents to ensure compliance with program policy and will recommend actions. In addition, you will draft and mail client correspondence and track confidential agreements for database users.
What's in it for you?
The public health division is a team of passionate individuals working to promote health across the lifespan of individuals, families, and communities. We value and support unique perspectives using a trauma-informed approach and aim to reflect these values in our hiring practices, professional development and workplace. We are committed to racial equity as a driving factor to improve health outcomes for all communities that experience inequities.
We offer full medical, vision and dental benefits with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and 10 paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you are a skilled administrative specialist with fiscal experience, apply today.
What are we looking for?
• Minimum requirements: Two years of experience as an administrative specialist or executive support specialist which included administrative support for a project, program, or operation. Administrative support includes those duties beyond clerical/secretarial such as: interpretation of laws, rules, and regulations; administrative data collection and analysis; and evaluation of projects, processes, and operations; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Experience working with social service programs related to providing community, housing, utility, and medical assistance.
• Experience monitoring, analyzing and evaluating caseloads for distribution.
• Experience administering fiscal processes such as auditing financial assistance requests, requesting and tracking expenses, ordering checks, and resolving billing issues.
• Experience managing databases to track client data, ensure accuracy and completeness of data, develop data quality summary reports, identify and document database issues, and evaluate improvements.
• Experience interpreting and applying state, federal and local policies and procedures for program compliance.
• Experience developing and maintaining policies and procedures.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
• Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
Cyndi Phipps-Roman 503-945-6377