Post Date: 05/22/2019
Close Date: 07/03/2019
At Catlin Gabel School, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on being a warm and welcoming community, and we know our school's success is due in large part to the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
Catlin Gabel's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our curriculum and in our mission. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Applications are welcome from anyone and everyone.
TITLE: Associate Director of Alumni Engagement
STATUS: Full-time (1.0 FTE), non-exempt position
REPORTS TO: Development Director for Alumni
POSITION BACKGROUND AND SUMMARY
A talented Alumni Engagement, Associate Director is needed to join a dynamic and collaborative Advancement team. The Alumni Engagement, Associate Director will report to the Development Director for Alumni. This position is focused on communications and events, and is responsible for developing and implementing a robust and comprehensive alumni engagement strategy. This role is critical in supporting the institution’s efforts to sustain lifelong relationships with alumni, and fulfill the mission of the Alumni Association Board as follows:
• Serve as a communication link between alumni and the School.
• Provide and encourage volunteer and involvement opportunities in the School for alumni.
• Provide opportunities for alumni to have contact and meet with one another.
• Preserve and promote the heritage, traditions, and values of the School and to encourage loyalty toward the School among alumni.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in project management, marketing or communications. Success in the position will be evaluated based on the individual’s ability to support the Alumni Relations Office and Alumni Board in achievement of their goals.
This individual will work closely with advancement staff, senior administrators, board members, program directors and faculty to identify engagement opportunities and execute strategies for alumni connection, giving, and involvement.
• Bachelor’s Degree, and 1-2 years of alumni relations and/or relevant experience required.
• Demonstrated understanding of alumni engagement programs, with an emphasis on communications, volunteer and event management.
• Must be a goal-oriented and self-motivated individual who can demonstrate accountability, initiative, creativity and focus in a rapidly changing and intellectually stimulating environment.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate, build alliances, and manage relationships within a population that may possess competing interests, opinions, and /or expectations.
• Demonstrate strong active listening skills and ability to navigate positive outcomes.
• Demonstrate a level of comfort working and communicating with top executives, community leaders and/or school leadership. Ability to build long term relationships with and gain the respect of internal and external clients.
• Understanding and appreciation of the mission of Catlin Gabel and the vision and values of a progressive independent school.
• Positive attitude, sense of humor and flexibility.
• Excellent computer skills; proficiency in using advanced functions of word processing, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Google products (i.e., Google docs, Gmail, etc.) database and web resources. Knowledge of CRM database a plus. Willingness to learn new software if needed.
• Required to have a valid driver’s license and personal transportation vehicle available for frequent travel to business meetings (mileage is reimbursed under federal guidelines).
• Ability to work on the road and/or work at odd hours and on weekends
• Be an alumnus of Catlin Gabel School or another progressive independent school.
• Experience working for independent schools or running alumni programming at independent schools.
• Project Management experience, and experience using project management tools (i.e. Basecamp, Asana, etc.)
• Experience in nonprofit marketing and/or communications.
• Experience planning events from a distance.
• Experience working with a volunteer board.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx. Applicants MUST apply via the provided link to be considered.
Complete details: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx