Post Date: 09/03/2019
Close Date: 09/30/2019
Bilingual Assistant Program Director
Full Time, Full Benefits
Morrison Child and Family Services is seeking to hire a future team member with non-profit program management, and residential experience to join the Group Home team!
We’re committed to providing quality services in a culturally competent manner. Due to program needs, the perfect candidate will be bilingual (Spanish and English) to ensure effective communication with youth in our care.
The Bilingual Assistant Program Director provides support and leadership to the milieu staff and Long-Term Group Home residential facility to ensure that all clients in the program are cared for and treated in a safe, secure, respectful and therapeutic manner. The Bilingual Assistant Program Director works with the Program Director to ensure program compliance with all ORR, Morrison, and State licensing rules.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with mental health and social services delivery systems for minors receiving services via ORR and will be comfortable working in a diverse environment. Must be comfortable working in a regulated environment; and work within the parameters of program licensing guidelines.
They must approach all work-related matters with tact and objectivity; and be empathetic to other team members and clients. Leadership skills, strong work ethic, and an eye for quality improvement, while balancing risk in a dynamic work environment are essential qualities for this position.
The Assistant Program Director may substitute for the Program Director during period of leave. This position will work from Portland, Oregon location.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Collaborates with Program Director to ensure that all ORR required services are provided to youth in our care
• Directly supervises Milieu Supervisors, Education Assistants and Skills Trainers
• Develops and implements ongoing program planning; and conducts periodic reviews of standards and records
• Partners with Program Director and fiscal department to establish and maintain program budget and actively participates in program evaluations, quality management, and budget review processes.
• Ensures that staff are hired, trained and on boarded; coordinates scheduling to ensure program is staff in accordance with shelter standards
• Serves as a program resource in day-to-day operations
Our Long-Term Group Home provides services to up 20 adolescents at one time (ages 14-17 years old) in a co-ed residential facility setting. Youth attend public school and are encouraged to participate in community activities. The youth, typically from Latin America and occasionally other countries live in our Long-Term Group Home, while they await family reunification or other placement options.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
•Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, sociology or other relevant behavioral science plus 5 years of progressive employment experience with a social services or childcare agency or organization
• 1 year supervising a team of individuals, participating in a leadership role or management role
• Bilingual, must be able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish
• Must pass DHS criminal background check
• Must meet agency’s driving requirement
• This position requires ORR approval; exceptions to the minimum qualifications require ORR’s explicit written approval prior to hire and ORR may require supervision plans and additional training
Starting Pay Range:
Bilingual Assistant Program Directors: $ 24.82 - $25.42
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
•Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
About our City:
Portland, OR is art friendly, a food lover's dream, and has miles of gorgeous hiking trails and is but an hour plus from the ocean beaches.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** If viewing job through a job board without enabled links please visit: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Bilingual Assistant Program Director” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Bilingual Assistant Program Director
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
No phone calls please
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/assistant-program-director/