Post Date: 01/08/2019
Close Date: 01/22/2019
Volunteers of America Oregon is seeking a full-time Recovery Mentor. This Recovery Mentor position is gender-specific. The Mentor provides substance use recovery support services for African American adult men receiving care in the Harry Watson Homebase Program, a 9-bed cohort model. The Recovery Mentor also provides intensive outpatient addiction disorder services and recovery support services, at VOA InAct outpatient services program. Support services may include assistance with benefits paperwork, transportation, linkage to recovery resources, including the recovery community, escorting or driving to activities and appointments, and teaching and modeling positive recovery skills.
Position Requirements Summary:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• MHACBO Recovery Mentor certification (CRM) required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• Experience working with men who are in recovery from substance use disorders, and men who are experiencing mental illness.
• Experience with engagement enhancement strategies.
• Mission-focused and passionate.
• Commitment to the highest level of ethical and professional standards.
• Experience with electronic health records preferred.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be able to pass criminal background check.
• If recovering from a substance use related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years, and maintain throughout employment duration.
• Able to drive to offsite locations using own vehicle. An active driver’s license, current insurance, a reliable vehicle and ability to pass our insurer’s driving standards.
• Position is gender-specific and requires that mentor identify as male.
Schedule: This position is 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday, 2pm - 10:30pm.
Compensation: Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details. This is a full-time position with benefits. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts.
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can't imagine doing what we do. We say, "We can't imagine not doing it!"
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: www.voaor.org/explore-careers