Post Date: 10/22/2019
Close Date: 12/31/2019
Senior Researcher – College and Career Success
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for a Senior Researcher – College and Career Success for our Center for Research, Evaluation and Analysis.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
• Develop and manage a portfolio of research and evaluation projects focused on issues of college and career success that substantially contributes to organization growth and sustainability
• Build strong, long-term, relationships with external clients and partners in the Northwest and nationally
• Help partners and clients make strategic use of evaluation data and research evidence in policy and programmatic decision making and change management efforts
• Work with peers to develop and institutionalize new and innovative ways to report research and evaluation findings and promote a high degree of use and strategic engagement among clients, communities and partners
• Serve as project lead on a diverse portfolio of quantitative and mixed methods research and evaluation projects
• Lead project teams to carry out work of exceptional quality and model and mentor team members in project management, relationship development and client engagement
• Actively nurture and grow a robust professional network to increase mission-driven partnership and business opportunities for the organization
• Share ongoing work and lessons learned with others nationally working in similar spaces
• Collaborate with senior staff across the organization to develop new projects and proposals
• Perform other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates will possess
• PhD or ABD in education, public policy, applied social sciences or related field
• 5+ years’ experience leading quantitative and mixed methods research and evaluation projects
• Expert knowledge on issues related to college and career success, in one or more key content areas, including: career and technical education, STEM, postsecondary success and workforce development
• Experience working with culturally diverse clients and organizations with a strong commitment to equity
• Demonstrated success in building a significant project portfolio through contracts, grants and other means
• Demonstrated expertise working with a range of clients and partners including non-profit and philanthropic organizations
• Extensive experience leading quantitative and mixed methods applied research projects
• Strong project management skills and experience scoping and directing large scale projects and/or project tasks
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Travel and other Key Requirements
• Up to 20% out-of-office travel with overnight stays of up to a week at a time
• Position is based in Portland, Oregon
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03db9
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03db9